Wednesday, February 25, 2004

In memory...

Today marks the 1 year homegoing of my grandfather. It's amazing how an entire year has went by and the grief I feel is still as strong as it was the day I found out. Actually, it's stronger now. Last year this time... I was going through a lot. Mainly, I was dealing with a stalker, who I eventually got enough strength to put in jail. But I was going through some other things as well, then to get word right after valentine's day that my grandad was in the hospital just devastated me. He was a diabetic, so it wasn't really surprising that he was in the hospital...it was more devastating b/c I found out he was in a coma in ICU. He stayed that way for a week or so... then they said he was getting better. He was trying to breath on his own and everything was looking good. To this day, the couldn't figure out what was "wrong" with him. They said everything checked out fine...they were just waiting for him to wake up. I remember going straight from work to the hospital. My mother and I would sing to him hoping that somehow he could hear us. It was a sad time...
Tuesday, Feb 25th 2003 my grandad died. When I got off of work, my dad picked me up and told me the bad news. I remember it like it was yesterday. I felt nothing. It was like he said, what do you want to eat? I was in some MAJOR denial...and i was so dumbfounded. It wasn't until the funeral that next tuesday that it really really hit me. "Grandad was gone"...
A good man. The funeral was beautiful. It was packed... i mean, ppl had to stand outside the church it was so packed. He was a Bishop, so of course his entire congregation was there.... It really did my heart good to see how many ppl loved my grandad. He was always helping others and he never met a stranger in his entire life. I love you grandad. muah.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...