Friday, February 06, 2004

"The proof of desire is in the pursuit"

Hmmm. How true... how true. When I think about all the things I really love, I realize that I'd do almost anything to get it and keep it. If you want something bad enough you'll go after it. So I guess that is why the rules i was talking about earlier work so well!! You can weed out the guys that are only interested in you for sex easily b/c their pursuit will only last for so long once you execute all of the rules. Okay I know I haven't told you all of the rules as of yet...so there will be more to come on that. But guys that really do like you, will pursue you until they get you...IF you give them just enough to know that yes you're interested, but no you're not going to give your love to just any unworthy guy. At first, I HATED the rules!! But now that I've let it soak in and settle, I have a better understanding of them and why they work.
I heard on the Frank Ski Morning show one day a married man talking about relationships and what women do wrong and why we can't find a good man. He says that we don't challenge them enough. He said that men love challenges and that if a guy has to work hard to get you, then he'll appreciate you more. What really got me is this analogy he gave...
" In nature, the female eagles will NOT mate with a male eagle until he goes through a series of tests. The last test she gives is one where she makes him get a twig and she puts it in her mouth and flies high in the air while he's flying way below her. She drops the twig and he has to catch it. If he misses the twig ONCE...she will not mate with him. She goes through this ritual over and over again and if he catches it each and every time, then and ONLY then, will she mate with him. Why? Because to her, it's the difference between life and death. See, the mother and father have to work together to teach their young how to fly and once the baby eagle is born, the mother drops the baby eagle from the air to teach him how to fly. And when the eagle doesn't fly...the father eagle has to pick the baby up and give it back to his mother. So the 'drill' she put him through was functional and neccessary so that she could find the best possible mate for her and her offspring!"

Now if we as women had that same concept about finding a mate as a potential good husband, helpmate, and father for our children, don't you think we would be so much better off??

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...