Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Too Much Pressure!!

Why is it that everyone expects me to be their everything at all times?? I mean, I am only one person. Contrary to popular belief, I am not Superwoman!!! I need some me time, I need a shoulder to lean on too! I mean, sometimes I just want to scream and drive my car into a wall 50 times!! How do you live up to everyone's expectations? Why do they even have expectations for me...it's TOO MUCH PRESSURE!

At work, I do three different jobs, but only get paid for one...people...hire another doggone person!!! I'm tired of everyone coming to me for help with their project. I feel like I am just too nice sometime. I have my own project....and when it's all said and done, no one is gonna step up and come to my rescue if our president asks why MY project isn't finished!!

I volunteer at a female adolescent shelter and all the girls count on me to be their counselor/big sister/confidant.... I love it but it's 10 of them and I can't handle them all by myself. I can't talk on the phone until the wee hours of the morning with them all and take them shopping on saturdays and etc. If I was rich and had all the free time in the world then...yeah, sure, why not!! But I don't. I just can't!! It's too much!

Then I am on the board committee for my Church young adult ministry, GOI and I have to do all the work there... everyone else gets plush jobs where they "delegate" to other members...while I can't seem to find anyone to help me with the communications/website/secretary work.

Then, they just recruited me (without even really asking) to help with our upcoming church project (Club L.I.G.H.T.) by doing graphics. Okay..... Do I LOOK like an IT person??? WTH?? But they tell me last night that Elder HG wants me to make/design/print flyers by this sunday! Like I dont have a job..or a life...or other things going on!!!

THEN to top it off...my cousin comes to me with her man problem, my parents treat me as if I am the 3rd person in their relationship, my friends all come to me as a shoulder to cry on, my associates always want me to help them with their demo, my guy friends are always asking me for advice and help....and I can't be there for everyone!! I just can't. I mean, what about me? Wheres the shoulder go when it wants to cry? Where does the tree finds shade?
I mean I am grateful that they look up to me and value my opinion, but it is getting a little out of hand!! I need a break!!

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...