Wednesday, December 01, 2004

November Escapades

Yes Yes Ya’ll. Ya girl’s been busy. I’ve been going non stop for like…the last 2 weeks. I need to sit myself down somewhere and knit or bake something cuz man, I have been off the chain. Like for real. I am really outside my element right now. Most times when it starts getting dark and cold out…I hibernate. But since the holidays hit… I don’t know…I’ve been out and about each and ERRY day…(which is probably why I am sneezing and sniffling right about now). lol. It’s all good though. I’m on a quest. I’m trying to live it up. If there was such a thing as storing up good times to get you through the bad times…this would definitely be one of those storing phases. I’ve hit the surface a little on how the cool weather makes menfolk wanna dust off their lil black book and start hitting up old flames in hopes of rekindling that fire for the cold winter. Well… for some reason, this year… I’ve actually taken a few offers. (Okay…dang… stop looking like I just committed the cardinal sin.) I’m not serious about any of them…and I was very upfront and forward when I told them that my going out with them does NOT mean that I’m consenting to us getting back together. But I guess it all goes back to that lonely thing… I want to have fun… and the few select people I chose to go out with always did know how to make me have fun. So here’s my rundown of events from the last two weeks.

Friday the 19th
~ Well I had started out the day thinking that I would use the evening to take out my final set of microbraids so that I can go ahead and finally rock this “natural” do I’ve been obsessively talking about. However, my plans quickly changed…as they often do. Everyone knows I love spur of the moment outings…especially if the outing doesn’t require to much spur of the moment planning… (Ex. = a surprise party… good…a surprise trip to the mountains…not so good.)

Anyways, my homegirl, Biah called me and was like, “hey a couple of my friends and Frank’s (her live-in boyfriend) friends are coming over and we just gonna chill or whatnot… I got food… (which of course was the Key word I was looking for since I don’t really smoke or drink. Lol). So I’m like, “cool, I’m there.”

So I hopped in the shower, put on some gear and cut the other half of my braids to bob length since I had already started cutting them before she called….and headed out the door.

I had NO idea that this was gonna be a full blown house party by the time I set foot in there. Biah and I have been friends since 4th grade…so she knows me like the back of her hand. Had she told me the truth about her “get together” she knew I probably wouldn’t have showed up. lol I love house parties as much as the next (probably even more) BUT err…ahh.. I tend not to go to them much anymore because the Old Sway (aka: Keisha) always seem to pop up and before I know it…I’m shaking my groove thang on the living room floor…HARD! So… I walk in…the air was thick with the smell of blacks and a faint touch of henn. Everyone was jamming to some Trillville, Kilo, and Youngbloods (lol..that’s how we do down hurrr in da souf… lol) …holding a cup of “get right” and talking loud. Apparently most of the people there had left their house feeling “nice”…so by the time they got to Biah’s house…they were on cloud 9. So I greet my long time friend…take off my coat and ask where the food is. As I make my way through the crowd…I spot this nice chocolate tease in the corner wearing a tan kangol and a matching sweater. I smile and keep walking. Something about him seemed…comfortable. I shook the feeling and headed for the meatballs.

So I’m in the kitchen chatting it up with some folks I met at Biah and Frank’s last get together when Chocolate Tease comes gliding in… lips plump…muscles bulging…eyes mysterious under that tilted hat and he glances my way while bending down to get a corona out of the cooler. From that moment, I have NO idea what ole girl in the kitchen was saying to me. I knew those eyes from somewhere… I’ve seen him before.
He sensed my curiosity and took it upon himself to go ahead and make his move. As he popped open his corona, he smiled at me and said, “So, how you been, ma? You still lookin good.”

Trying to stay cool because I instantaneously remembered how and why I knew him once he opened his mouth, I replied “I’m good papi. How u been?”
So we began chatting it up…right there in the kitchen and somehow ending up on the swing set in the serene and romantic setting of Biah’s back yard. I missed talking to him. About 2 that morning, I figured I should head home, I was getting tired, and the party was getting louder... I figured the neighbors would be calling the cops within the next 15-20 minutes anyways... so I gave him a hug...let him kiss my cheek and my hand. And right before I left, he asked me if I was seeing someone. I wasn't quite sure how to answer that because though I'm single, there is someone in my life that I like... ALOT... and though I really get the feeling he's not feeling me as much, I'd hate to mess anything that "might be" up with him.

But at the same time, I'd hate to wait and wait for my "crush" to come to his senses and ask me to be his exclusively and miss out on what "could be" with Mr. Chocolate Tease. So... i hesitated and told him that I date...but nothing is official. He smiled and gave out a muffled sigh of relief and asked if he could call me sometime. I said sure.... and walked out wondering how it was that we never got together in the first place.


He and I lost touch last year. Between me dealing with TD and trying to figure out what was going on with that…and him just getting out of a 3 year relationship, we just kinda lost touch. The timing was off. I remember the first time we met. TD and I went to club Chaos to get our dance on and He was there with some of his friends. He watched TD and I dance all night long. Everytime I saw him, he was just somewhere in the cut…watching me. What got me about him was that women were actually coming up to him… and he never moved from his spot. I’d see a girl go talk to him…and a few minutes later, she’d walk away. And as soon as she did… he’d take a sip of whatever he was drinking on and gaze back at me and TD. After a while, I began dancing for him. lol I’m not sure if TD even noticed since he was pretty gone. By the end of the night TD’s crazy self was all in the mirrors looking at himself dancing, and holding up his lil arm muscles and measuring them like he was He-man or something… and mouthing the words to whatever song was playing like HE was actually shooting a video or something. I figured he was so gone… he probably didn’t notice me flirting with Mr. Chocolate Tease. When I went to the bathroom, Chocolate Tease followed. By the time I came out, he was right there waiting on me and when he opened his mouth… I couldn’t resist leaning forward and asking him to “repite por favor”. And once again, he begin speaking sweet nothings to me in spanish. His deep sultry voice made it even more inviting. He voluntarily told me what it was he said…though I picked up on a few words anyways… but those 3 minutes of convo was enough for me to know that I didn’t want to walk away from him without having his contact info. So we exchanged numbers and talked for about a month afterwards. He was a great conversationalist…and he always knew what questions to ask to get me to talking. Unfortunately for Chocolate Tease, things with me and TD progressed and he was still on that “I want to take things suuuuuuuuper slow” tip… so eventually…we just kinda lost touch.

Since that Friday that I saw him at Biah’s house though, we’ve resumed our nightly chats…and we decided to get up that next day. So Saturday he and I went out. It was nice. Refreshing even. Honestly, I don’t see it progressing into anything romantic, just because well…. I’m really feeling someone else right now. But I’ll be honest, it felt good to be desired by someone so sexy. I was the envy of everyone at the Cheesecake factory that night. lol All eyes were on him, and his eyes were on me. That made me feel really good.
Anyways…I didn’t realize I was gonna type this much about him…so I’ll continue my other escapades from the last two weeks either tomorrow or Friday. Gone.


No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...