Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Testing, Testing, 1....2

Is this blog still here?

Really?....

An old friend of mine emailed me yesterday to ask me why I stopped blogging.

It took me a good 8 minutes to come up with an answer.

I've asked myself that a few times this year. I've changed my work schedule so that I'm working 10 hour days, 4 days a week....so there's AMPLE opportunities for me to write to my heart's content...yet....

I don't write.

Lord knows there's been enough happenings to fill my blog on a monthly, weekly, heck daily basis...yet...

I don't write.

I figured that maybe I'm just too lazy to continue. I'm not a natural writer, so blogging takes extra effort on my part. Making sure things make sense. Struggling to find words that match my emotions. Trying to accurately depict the picture I'd like to paint. Yawn. It's really hard work for me. But is that really the reason...

I don't write?

I figured I come test the waters out here. See if my mojo will come back. Maybe if I wander around here from time to time, i'll start getting back in the groove. So this is my first attempt at getting myself back into the habit of writing.

Only time will tell.

3 comments:

The Journey said...

Swaaaaayyy! Glad you decided to join us once again. After 5 years, I still think blogging is therapeutic, lol. I remember reading so many of your blogs and how it helped you to get over whatever situation came up.....

Ariesramgirl said...

I find that those of us who have been blogging for a long time, often find the need to step back to analyze why we blog in the first place. You and I have returned at the same time and I'm glad that you are exploring a similar sentiment.

BUT

Don't say you are not a writer...You have provided me with years of joy from your words and that my dear is good writing!

(psst...i'm an old friend under a new name...you know how I do lol)

Rece said...

Hey girl!!!!! I hope you're really back.

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...