Monday, July 07, 2008

Bus Crush*

*Disclaimer: While I will admit I may have some stalker tendencies, there is definitely no reason to be alarmed at the post below. It is for entertainment purposes only (although I’m guilty of a few of the acts below. Yikes!). Ya’ll know I luv my Usher! :)*

Dear Mr. Moore,
Although we’ve never exchanged more than a simple hello and a quick smile here and there, oh and those three times our arms touched when you sat next to me, I feel like there’s something unspoken between us. From the day I first laid eyes on you, I knew you were the one. Not “The One” in the sense that we’re soulmates, but as in you’re the object of my crush obsession. See, I wish I could say that this is the first time I’ve ever felt this way about someone, but honestly, I do this all the time. I have this crazy, unyielding desire everywhere I go, to find that one person on which I can crush on, and fortunately for you, Mr. Moore, I’ve carefully selected you as my bus crush.

Arian Moore. Is that how you spell your name? It sounded like that’s what you said the day you sat behind me and told some IT guy that you should be put on the list to get that chip installed in your blackberry. Plus I can’t really get a good glimpse at your work badge when you speed down the aisle trying to get your favorite seat in the back. I’m sure I’m close though Arian. I like that. I wish I would have asked you what it meant that last time we sat together on the way home. But I figured you’d think it was weird for me to know you’re name since we’ve never had a conversation. So instead I looked out the window while listening to my ipod and tried to contain myself after being aroused by your cologne. What’s that you wear by the way? It’ smells divine. I should get that for Usher.

Oh yeah, Usher. He’s my boyfriend. I hope you don’t mind. I figured you should know about him. Does that bother you? If it does just let me know and we can discuss it. I haven’t told him about you yet because I doubt he’d understand. What I have with him and what we have Arian, are so incredibly different that I don’t see why I have to choose. I love him dearly, but you… you’re perfect! I know it’s because I don’t know you at all and that’s mostly the reason why I love our non-relationship so much. I can crush on you with out ever seeing your flaws! Well hopefully. had to break it off with my last crush because I saw him smoking a Newport one day outside of the train station. Yuck! Fantasy OVER! I often find myself wondering what your flaws are though. It’s definitely not your face. You’re even cute when you sleep. Remember that time you fell asleep and accidently put your head on my shoulder? *smiling* I’ve never seen you do that with anyone else on the bus. Right then I knew our feelings were mutual.

Sometimes when I get off the bus, I purposely walk slow so that you can catch up to me. It kinda backfired that time my left heel broke while I was walking and I almost fell and twisted my ankle. I hope you didn't see that. You probably did though since you were right behind me.
Is it crazy of me to find your green and silver SUV with the Miles College license plate (at least that’s what I think it is after researching the symbol at work) everyday and park near it? Yeah, I guess it is. But I can’t help it. You…you are so… *sigh* wow!

I make a point to only look you in your eyes once or twice a week. Never more. I can’t have you knowing that I think you’re hot. You have those eyes that just pierce right through me. I’m afraid if I look in your eyes too long, you’ll know all my secrets.

Speaking of secrets, who is this Ms. Jones chick I heard you talking to on your cell this morning? *getting angry* Is she someone I need to be aware of? Okay I do remember you saying something to her about putting your name on the board as late, so I’m guessing she’s just a co-worker. I’m hoping she is. *calming down* I hope you don't have a girlfriend. I never see a ring on your finger so I’m guessing it’s cool to assume you’re not married either. That’s good. Although I wonder why? You have a good job. Your SUV stays clean. Your clothes are kinda preppy and you keep yourself well shaven and clean cut. You have a cool walk and dazzling smile. Maybe it's something crazy like.... hmmm. *thinking* Do you beat your women? I sure hope not. I noticed how well built you seem under your button down shirts. It would sure hurt to be beat on by you. Nah, I doubt you beat your women. It has to be something else.

Hopefully I won’t ever find out. I truly enjoy you as my bus crush. Keeping you as my dirty little secret and enjoying the moments we share everyday. You give me something to look forward to. Right before your stop, I always pop some gum in my mouth and adjust my shirt and will you to come sit by me. Sometimes I don't think you feel my vibes or see me because you're too busy looking for your favorite seat. But when you do see me, I love that you smile and sit by me. Will you ever talk to me? I guess I should make myself a little more accessible by taking my headphones off huh? Yeah I'll work on that.

Now I do realize that if the tables were turned and I received this letter, I’d probably be very disturbed at your stalkerish tendencies. 911 would have been called already and I would promptly stop riding this bus. But trust me, you have nothing to worry about. Just keep on being you and I’m sure little non-relationship will continue to flourish.

See ya soon!

Sway

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charter!!!! Just kidding girl...lmao. I have had a few crushes and girl at some point the vibe would be mutual and then he would open his mouth..and then the crush would be over..Fantasy dead.

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaa... that sooooooo sounds like me. I found out where he lived though and showed up at his house several times before I actually found him home.

Long story short, we ended up dating for a while and are still cool now. Or should I say... I'm still his crush after many years have passed.

I'm not crazy by the way... I was 16!!! Just young and dumb. LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish I could write letters like this. lol

Anonymous said...

LMAO!

I really needed this!

I feel you though...those imaginary crushes are a doozy!

Ms. Tee

wanda1234 said...

thanks for sharing...

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...