Monday, June 13, 2005

"Tommy, you ain't got no job..."

What a GREAT FRIGGIN MONDAY!!!!!!!

I haven’t been this excited in almost a month!!!! Why u ask? Because today folks… yes TODAY. June the thiiiiiirteeeeenth!! My MOMMA went to work. *insert thunderous applause and roars*
I’m so happy on the inside I feel like I’m about to implode. *giggling*

She got up when I did for the first time in almost a year. Washed herself…and put on some WORK clothes. Thank you GOD! We're not po’ no mo’. Now maybe I can get my own self outta debt. *sigh of relief*

This last year has been really hard. At first it everything was okay. Aside from the fact that my mom quit her job on my Burrffday last year, her little “work vacation” was something my dad and I was okay with because moms is a hard worker. We figured we could handle the bills without her income for a little while. And we did….
But neither of us realized that moms wasn’t actually TRYING to get another job any time soon. Her new job was to sit at home and read…and of course cook dinner since she was at home a lot more. Well the dinner bit was good. It gave me a break from having to cook myself… and moms can throw DOWN in tha kitchen. Whew! So in that respect, it was good.

But man, after about 3-4 months of that. My dad and I start getting a little anxious. I don't think she realized that we NEEDED for her to go make some money! lol. My momma was making some CHEDDAR. She made more than my dad and I put together..and he works 2 jobs!! lol. She was the bread winner of the house. And trust me... she knew how to spend it too. lol. The problem is... well... she acted like she was still working!! I mean, she was spending money like she was still bringing home a check. Going on shopping sprees and bringing home new outfits ...with matching shoes, purses, and accesories, splurging at restaurants… giving folks b-day and christmas presents, helping other families in need (not that I have a problem with that…but dang…when you struggling yourself…c’mon now use some sense). Before I knew it… MY savings had been depleted. A sista was struggling. My hard earned cash stash was GONE. Mortgages…2nd mortagages…car payments, insurance, cell phone bills…groceries etc… was just getting to be a little too much. I was drowning. It got to the point that every time I saw my mom I just wanted to scream “GET A JOB” at her. But I didn’t. I love her. I want her to be happy. I don’t want her stressing because of a deadline oriented job. And she’s done sooooooo much for me. I felt stuck. But thank you GOD! I’m finally seeing the light at the end of our dark dark tunnel. I am WAAAAAAAAAAAY behind on some stuff…so right now ya girl gotta play catch up. But at least I’m able to move forward now after a year of spiraling downwards. Today IS A GREAT day! Now lets just hope she doesn’t quit.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...