Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The cat sure doesn't have my tongue...

warning: this post is extremely long. i didn't mean it to be... it just is. sorry!


I’ve only been at work for one hour and I’m already ready to head home. I did enough work last week to take today AND tomorrow off. Unfortunately, my employer probably doesn’t think so…which is why I’m here. Yawning and wishing that I was a coffee drinker. Right now would be a great time to get a cup of caffeine and sugared-down coffee. *sigh* Well… I only have what….14 more hours before bedtime.

You KNOW it’s bad when on Sunday night you’re already wishing it was Friday night so that you can sleep late on Saturday morning since that’s the next time you’ll be able to get some rest.

I know, I know, I'm always tiiiiiiide. But this time it's different. I'm physically full. Emotionally full. Financially full. And so spiritually full that i really do feel drained in all aspects of the word. I need time to recover. This past weekend was amazing. I know my last post was kinda heavy. Last week was R.O.U.G.H.! Real rough. By Wednesday, I pretty much told TG to go on back to Columbus and try to make it work with his ex. To me that seemed like the easiest solution to all of our problems collectively although i knew neither of us would be happy relationship wise. And by Wednesday, he was about ready to go on back to Columbus… to be closer to the boy…(although he was thoroughly pissed @ me for suggesting he get back with his ex..lol)

But we realized that we were being attacked because we were on to something good...so we pushed through it, prayed and fasted together on Thursday and it seems like as soon as we did, everything started falling in place. Since Thursday, we’ve been on the phone all night talking about all of the blessings God has just placed in our lives. Everyday, it’s something new. Everyday God opened more doors. TG had no idea Friday on his way to work, that he would be hired on the spot by a company that he worked closely with on his old job and that this company would start him off with a significantly higher salary. So he has a new job. He’s a musician and he just got offered a position to play at an 8am service by a church close to his house, which is more money... AND he just met up with a producer who is offering him about $300-$450 per Saturday to play for his group. And this producer is hot right now. He has 2 songs that are on the charts as we speak. It just seems that the doors are being opened. I’ve also got an offer to sing in another group…I told them I’ll check them out Wednesday. If everything goes well…I’ll be singing with them too.

Not only did a financial blessing come through, but God did some major things with us as a couple as well. The hardship experience brought us closer together already… but God is setting up something major… it’s awe-some. I can't tell you details because it's so much...and so personal...but i'll just hit the surface.

My best friend got married this weekend. The wedding was sooooo beautiful. It was one of those fairy tale, mushy, lovey dovey weddings where almost everyone cried and it truly felt like this was a match made in heaven. I’ve been wanting to ask TG to come since he and I first got together, but it was on a Saturday, and usually on the weekends he goes to Columbus to get his son, AND/OR he’s at our practices/programs. So I just knew that he’d probably not be able to make it. Yet after the week we had, we just needed to be together Saturday. He said he wouldn’t have missed seeing me in my lil maid of honor dress for the world. I was glad he came…and so was my friends. lol It’s funny because as many guys as I have dated, and as many times I’ve brought guy friends to church, no one has ever received the kind of attention TG did. lol

Everybody just HAD to know who he was. Were we dating? How long? etc… We almost upstaged the actual bride and groom. Everyone just couldn’t get over how well we “fit”. The craziest thing is how about 80% of the people at my best friend’s wedding were telling US that we were next. Haha. Um… yeah. You have couples there that have been together for 3-4-5 years…. we only been dating for a few months. Why us? I mean, even the people who WANTED to get married was telling us that they thing we'll beat them to the altar. Everyone just say that they could see the genuine love we had for each other. They could see that we belonged together. We fit.

It’s a good feeling when others see what you already know. Then you know it’s not just you. It’s really real. People can see the love you share. Even with out you saying anything. That's beautiful. Everyone around us can tell that we were made for each other. It was exciting to see…to hear…to get feedback on. Even my parents like him. *still in shock* Well they didn’t come out and say, “hey, I like him”… but you gotta know my parents. Bringing a guy to their attention and they don’t talk trash about him or frown… then hey, they like him. lol And they know about him being divorce and with child. My parents would NEVER go for that under normal circumstances. Heck I would never go for that under normal circumstances. But what God has ordained…well…how you can argue with that?

It was beyond words… not only was Saturday confirmation within us, but Sunday was too.

He came to my church service on Sunday. My baby was fly as all get out. He had on this royal blue suit...matching from head to toe. That doggone suit fit him to the T! *whew* He was wearing that suit. *reminiscing* But yeah, lemme focus…*focus sway, focus* He got to church before I did. My church isn’t HUGE, but it’s a nice size. It's big enought that I could have went to church, looked for him, and not saw him. But when I pulled up, I went to park and parked right beside him *coincidence? Me thinks not. lol* I was like…yay! He showed up!!

So I go in, looking for him from the back and I don’t see him. I finally give up and start walking down the middle right aisle, when all of a sudden I see this fine brutha with a royal blue suit on. I couldn’t get to him because 1. Praise Service had just started and 2. He was sitting in the middle of his row. So I just went to the front row where my family and I always sit and got my praise on until welcome and encouragement time. That’s when I was able to get to him and sit with him. He happened to be sitting with the Porters. The Porters sing in the group that we are all in. In fact, they are the reason I even knew about the group and got in it. They’ve been married for a while, and have somehow taken a liking to both of us… even before TG and I got together, they used to call me their little sister, and him their little brother. Now that we’re together, they are even more elated.

Anywho… we’re at church together, everyone looking at us and a few nosey people had to know.. “girl...is that you?” lol.

After all the looks and behind the back “thumbs up signs” and blah….The Word went forth and it was RIGHT on time for us. He NEEDED that word…and I did too. He enjoyed church and said he’d definitely be back. After church, the Porters casually asked us what we were getting ready to do. Neither of us really had any plans, so they invited us to dinner. We had no idea that this was a set up.

I think this was the final draw. I’ve talked a lot about the Porters in my blog although I’ve never mentioned them by name. These two people are POWERFUL prophets. I mean, the things that they say to me are always on point. I mean, they just feel me at all the right times. When I’m praying about something, God lays it on their heart to call me and He uses them to say that very thing I needed to hear. So I should have known that us going to dinner with them after the weekend we already had was just a set up.

As soon as we got good into our dinner, Mrs. Porter asks… “So… what is it that ya’ll are praying about?”

I was so shocked by her blatant question that I choked on the steak I was eating. To others it may have seemed like a general question, but TG and I both knew what she meant. And even worse, she KNEW we knew what she meant. TG punked out and told her that we’d prolly say the exact same thing so he’ll let me answer… (ugh men. lol) So I chose my words carefully because although we’ve been getting confirmations since we met, and this weekend was just pretty much one big “Yes, ya’ll should gone and be together” nod. I still didn’t wanna have everybody knowing EXACTLY what we were thinking. So I think I stumbled out something like this,
“well, we’re praying that God order our footsteps…and um, well… TG and I are on one accord. We’re on the same page…we both know what’s going on…soo…..yeah. We’re just …yeah...taking it one step at a time. But we both know.”

lol. Apparently that was good enough for her because they then began to talk to us for about 2 hours IN THE RESTAURANT about what God is showing them about us and how they saw our whole future and how God put us together and etc. They also talked about how they got together and just the whole 9. I don’t wanna say all that was said in the convo but when I tell you that once TG and I left the restaurant, there was NO DOUBT that we are gonna get married please believe me. All the doubt and heartache and confusion we had just last week was washed away instantly. We know there may still be hard times, but that doubt of “well…is this really you God. Is she really… Is he really…” all of that is gone.

We were so full…all we could do the entire ride home was hold hands and tell each other we love each other. Nothing else could be said.

I really don’t know how I got to talking about TG and I. My intentions at first was to talk about my girl’s wedding. I guess I’ll do that later. lol
But… I dunno. Keep us in your prayers…that God direct our path and make it plain to us. And keep us focused so we don’t lose sight of what we know is right…and real.

Aight. I’m tiiiide. I’m out!

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...