Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Speak those things that are NOT as though they ARE..

As usual...i have so much i wanna say.... and i literally think about things and say, "I can't wait to put that in my blog"... yet, I don't even know where to begin... And even if I found a starting point, I doubt i would be able to end it... God has really been dealing with me concerning my life these past few weeks. I've been a "church goer" and a "do gooder" my entire life... but the consistency was never there. I could never stay on track for long. Somehow, when the Sunday morning hymns, prayers, praise, and Word faded... and I was back in my natural environment with my clubbin friends, freaky boyfriend, and gossiping co-workers... I became a chameleon...and before I know it, everything I said I'd stop on Sunday, I was back doing on tuesday! I pray that this change is genuine.

I was watching "Praise the Lord" on the Christian channel last night and Paula White was on preaching and she really touched my heart. The problem with so many of us is that our mouths get us into trouble.
Do you know that life and death is in the power of your tongue (Prov. 18:21)? Our tongue is the most powerful weapon you can ever imagine. The Bible says that Satan is the "prince of the air" (Ephesians 2:2)... he's IN the AIR....which is why trouble seems to always find us...even when we want to do good. If you do nothing at all... evil will prevail in your life.

Ever notice how much easier it is for babies/children/teenagers to pick up your bad habits than your good habits? Ever notice how much easier it is for us to curse someone out, get mad, fight, gossip, be rude, mean, and indignant, than it is for us to turn the other cheek, encourage others, hold our tongue, smile in the face of our enemies, show humility (humbleness), and be nice? We have to make a CONSCIOUS EFFORT to serve God. So when we speak words of love, encouragement, and life into the air, we are actually breaking the power of satan by splitting the air. We are breaking through his forces while also exhibiting faith and acknowledging the power of God with our mouths.

Do you really realize the power of speech? How many times have you started believing stuff because you've heard it so much? How many people go to therapy each year to "talk" about their problems and are "cured"? How many times do we act on what is said, or heard. How many times have we missed our blessings because of what we said...then believed it? We say what we think, and we also start to think what we say.... so make sure that your words are chosen right. Not only can we stop our blessings (and our life) by our own tongue...
* "you're killing me..."
* "you're talking me to death.."
* "i don't believe it..."
* "i wish i were dead..."
* "there's no hope"
* "i can't do it..."
...but we can also add blessings to our life by speaking those things that are not (or are) as though they are...
* "I WILL do all things through Christ that stregnthens me ( Phil. 4:13)"
* "I WILL prosper and be in health, even as my soul prosper (3 John 2:1)"
* "I AM of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar person." 1Peter 2:9
* "I AM somebody."
*"I WILL find the love of my life."
* "I WILL make a difference."

Speak things into existence. For those who believe in the Bible, take a minute to reflect on how Genesis records the beginning of life and the earth. God spoke and things happened.
When you put forth speech, you are setting things up in the spiritual world whether good or bad. And remember... we shall be judged on every idle word we speak (Matthew 12:36). So speak life... speak encouragement... speak peace....speak love... speak the Word of God. And it Shall come to pass, and you Shall be Blessed.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...