Friday, March 26, 2004

Matchmakers...

I’ve mentioned before that I am the only person I know whose flying solo these days. While loneliness often visits my house…I am not unhappy or depressed. I am willing to be patient if in return my reward is a guy worth my time and love. I am waiting for Mr. Forever. Screw Mr. Right, as much as I change and ppl in general change…who’s to say that he will always be Mr. Right for me? So I wait.

Unfortunately my friends are not really as patient as I am and sometimes they seem to want me to be with someone more than I want to be with someone. They are really into group dating… and since we are all really close friends, all hang out with each other all the time and all attend the same church (it’s kinda freaky… freaky weird not freaky nasty…) we all usually go out together… I feel like we are the Ethnic version of Friends. Everyone is hooked up with one another… well everyone but me. I did like a member of our group once (BJ), but I KNEW he wasn’t interested in me…and the more I got to know him and become his friend…the more I realized that we REALLY would not mesh too well. We are just too different. The only thing we DO have in common is Church and Friends. Besides his roommate liked me and I made the fatal mistake of actually going on a few dates with him… Big mistake…

lesson learned~ NEVER go out on a date with the roommate of a guy you like. ESPECIALLY if you don’t actually LIKE the roommate!!!

Anywho… The “single ppl” in the group started dating someone in the group…and IF they dated outside the group, their “friend” is automatically propeled into the group and we just accept them like one of our own…and even when it doesn’t work out between the two of them…they still join our church and circle of friends and begin the dating ritual just like the original members. I am the only one of my friends (both guys and girls) that hasn’t dated someone already there…or brought someone to the church…so I get left out of a lot of “group date nights”. I also get left out of many “would-be-funny-if-I-knew-what-the-heck-ya’ll-were-talkin’-‘bout” conversations. Because of this, my female friends REALLY wanna hook me up with somebody. Like I’ve said, everyone else is already in a relationship, and the only single guy that’s worth anything was BJ… so I was in a dilemma. That is until Bimp showed up.

I’ve been on many blind dates… and some not so blind dates w/ppl I KNEW I didn’t like but went out with to appease my friends. All were terrible. It’s gotten so bad now that anytime I say that someone looks decent, they immediately rush to try and plot how to “hook me up”. I mean, I am perfectly capable of attracting my own set of suitors. The problem isn’t that I can’t find a man. I literally get a couple of offers a day from awe struck men. The problem is that none of them are men that I would want to spend the rest of my life with. While I can sometimes tell that with only one date, others may take me a few months to realize. Either way, I am still left single and waiting. As I’ve said before, I’m fine with that as long as I know that when I finally do date someone seriously, it’ll be someone who is really in the running to become my husband.

Anyways, there’s this guy, Bimp, who just moved from Chicago 8 months ago and he just happened to buy a house in BJ’s neighborhood. So being the kind of charismatic, fiery, net worker he is, BJ befriended Bimp and convinced him to come to and join our church. I’m not quite sure how long Bimp has been at our church, but I remember seeing him in the crowd while I was in the choir stand as early as December. He and I would exchange stares every once in a while, but I thought nothing of it since all my “taken” girlfriends used to giggle about how dreamy he was and how they felt like they were betraying their man when locking eyes with Bimp. He’s the only guy that every one of us agreed on as being extremely attractive. Well Wednesday night at Bible Study, he came over to my girls and I and he began to give us all nice little “Church Hugs”. Being the bubbly, silly females we are, we couldn’t help but giggle after he left about how sexy he was and how we were “melting” when he hugged us. I felt like I was in elementary school again. Anyway, to make a long story short, I called my friend AW on the way home from Bible study to ask her if she knew anything about Bimp. I told her that I was only being nosey so don’t read into it too much and Puh-lease don’t try to hook me up. Well you all can guess what happened next. Unfortunately I have to get back to work so I’ll finish Monday.

*Dubie Dubie*

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...