Monday, March 01, 2004

The latter will be greater than the past....

My weekend was cool. I spent my entire saturday with AM. I went to help him clean his apartment. *what a task!!* AM is not the neatest guy i know. There's nothing "metrosexual" about him. lol And I love that!! He's truly 100% guy! Of course I was hating this on saturday, when I was cleaning this "100% guy's" dirty bedroom, closet, and bathroom. YUCK! I hope that he keeps it clean. I'd be upset to see it in the condition it was before we started cleaning. Anyway, I was in a kind of funky mood saturday. I was sad about my grandparents, and I had a lot of other things on my mind and I was acting pretty weird...i must admit. I think he got mad at me b/c I wouldn't tell him what was up with me. By the end of the night I tried to muster up some happy thoughts so that I wouldn't be such a party pooper. But I never seemed to recover.
Despite my funky 'tude... He treated me to the movies. We went to see "The Passion of the Christ" and I must say, it was TRULY profound. To know the story, to believe in the story, and to see the story unfold before your very eyes is truly different. I cried all the way home after that movie. I couldn't stop saying "thank you, Jesus!" It really made me think about my life and how I sit here and complain about all of this petty stuff...when Jesus DIED for ME. I mean really, He died so that each of us can have a right to eternal life in the Kingdom of God and here I am blowing it on things like lust, and swearing, and fornication, and gossip, and hatred, and etc... It's crazy. It put a lot of things in perspective. I am really glad AM and I saw this movie together. He was touched too. We decided that we were going to rededicate our lives to Christ. I am really excited b/c I know this is where I need to be. And I'm glad that we are both on the one accord in our decision. It makes things between us much more smooth.
Sunday I went to my late "gramma's" church b/c my dad was invited over for family and friends day to preach. The pastor there invited us just like last year, to keep my gramma's memory alive on family and friends day. Since it was so close to her homegoing, he thought it would be a good idea to start this annual memorial service. My dad preached on being "in the place of God" and I sung "They'll know we are Christians, by our love" I think it was a wonderful service... even though I may be bias. Either way, this weekend was truly moving...and I hope it's the start of a new and wonderful chapter in my life.

*singing*
~ Your latter will be greater than your past/ And you will be blessed - more than you can ask/ Despite all that has been done/ The best is yet to come/ And the latter will be greater than the rest.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...