Tuesday, January 20, 2004

THE RULES... (part I)

Friday night was ladies night. A couple of girls from my church decided to get together and go to dinner at olive garden. We were told to bring only 1 or 2 close female friends and be ready to talk! Of course being the kind of lady I am, I was way too curious about why everything was so hush, hush, and exclusive. My friend Vee, the coordinator of the event, said that she read this book called "The Rules" and wanted to share it with some of her closest friends. Well, the psychologist in me came out and I tried to probe at her in hopes to find out more than she was willing to tell me. My attempts failed. So I patiently awaited friday's outing and it finally came. There we were, just 7 of us. All as confused as the next, trying to figure out what "The rules" was all about. After 45 minutes of casual talk and impatient waiting for a table at olive garden on a friday night!! We were finally seated in a remote corner. I had brought one guest...my crazy cousin. She's the only female I could think of that i was friends with outside of the group that was already there. So I sat next to her, hoping that the proximity would allow me to shove my elbow into her arm if she says something way out of line or just downright embarrassing. Anyway, when we get to the table, Vee, who's been carrying this huge bag, plops the bag on her chair, and begins handing everyone a small giftbag, each a different color, but all had the same contents: 4 small tea light candles, some strawberry/peaches and cream candy, a small journal, and a hardback copy of the book "The Rules". No one was expecting this, so for a couple of minutes all you could hear is the pleasant mutters of 7 chattering women opening and closing the book, eating the candy, and rattling the tissue paper to see what else was in the bag. Finally, I find out what "The rules" all about... and finally the discussion begins...
to be continued.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...