Monday, January 26, 2004

Deja vu...

Well maybe not...but isn't it crazy how monotonous an 8:30 -5 job can be? Go to work Monday, can't wait til friday, then saturday and sunday you're off and happy, and it's back to work on monday. It's amazing how much time we spend here at work. I feel like work is my first home!! Anyway, I had a wonderful weekend. Friday night, I went to our SGS (spiritual growth session) and had an absolutely MARVELOUS time! And to think, I would have missed it if AM didn't go home to Detroit for his birthday. At first, I was kinda sad that I wouldn't be able to spend his b-day with him, but after I went to our SGS, I realized that that was where I really needed to be. We talked about T.E.A.M. (together everyone achieves miracles) which is our Church's theme for 2004! Our sessions are always informal and very effective. We meet at someone's house and we have food and dessert and we listen to the selected speaker for that topic/evening and end up discussing whatever topic we are on...and eventually that leads to a discussion of various other topics. I got so much out of our SGS. It was wonderful. Everyone was so open and honest about where they were spiritually and what they needed to work on, their goals/aspirations for the year and etc. I found it so relieving to hear that I was not by myself dealing with the struggles of being a single, young christian adult in this day and age. Other young adults like myself were also struggling with celibacy, music, discipleship, lust,and evangelism. We all have our "secret sins"... but to confront them head on and ask for prayer about them and get advice from others who have been down that road was truly liberating! I felt so happy after that session. We talked from 7pm until around 2 that morning. No one left, no one was bored...it was great!

Saturday I did absolutely NOTHING!! Ahhh finally, I got to chill at the crib. I woke up late... In fact, I slept for so long, my head began to hurt!! Then I woke up, watched Lord of the Rings II and talked to AM, who was still in Detroit. HE called (remember, I can't call him) me and we talked for a while. I can't quite do the second rule yet. I've been trying...but I'll tell you about that later. Anyway, we talked and then I cleaned up my house. Ahhhh... good sleep, a call from someone special and a clean house...what could be better!!! Sunday I went to church as ususal. Had a great time as ususal. Came home...took a nap..and ate the best sunday dinner ever!! MMM....man, my mom can cook!!lol We had meat loaf, cabbage, cornbread, and potatoes. It was so freakin good! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Anyway, AM called me yesterday as well ... about 3 times actually and we talked about a lot. We got off the phone with each other and went to sleep. I didn't have the best sleep last night. I think I need a new mattress or something. But at least I'm in a good mood today despite my aching back. Well that's all for today. I got more work to do. Later.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...