Tuesday, January 06, 2004

AM.... part II

Hmmm, maybe there's something to this friendship AM and I are building. Did I tell you that I went to AM's house after my watch night service on New Year's? He had these beautiful vanilla candles on tiers of alternating heights and he made me the best apple martini I have ever had in my life. We pretty much chilled, watched movies and talked until we fell asleep in each others arms. I really like him. I feel a sense of security when I'm with him. Sometimes I think it's his 6'2, 265 lbs frame. But other times, i feel that even if he was 5'2 and 105 lbs, I'd still feel safe. I guess it's the way he holds me when we are together. I feel....protected. I love that feeling.
Anyways, we talk everyday and the more I spend time with him, the more I like him. He is really a cool guy. I mean, you know how some people say that they are laid back, but when you meet them, they are loud and hot headed and kinda annoying? Well AM isnt like that at all. He is exactly the way he described himself. And I like that.
I hate to get off the subject, but I was just thinking about this guy JJ. He's a guy I met through BP and he's the one who introduced me to this blogging thing. JJ is a nice guy, I'm sure, so don't get me wrong when i say this, but he was NOTHING like he said he was. I mean, I used to read his blog, and he would write about how fake atlanta women are and how they all want men for their money and material worth....yet when he met a woman like me who didn't care about all of that, he totally dissed me. He said he was laid back and fun to be around. HA!! On our first an final date, he threw a temper tantrum because the Hawks were losing. It was so bad that people around me asked me why I was with him and if I needed a ride home when he went to the bathroom!! I mean I love to have fun, but there's a difference between having fun and being obnoxious. You could tell that the people around us were getting ticked off with him. But did that stop him from making an a$$ out of himself? NOPE!! I admire his lack of caring about what others think, and the fact that he acted a hot mess on our first date isn't what really upset me. What got my blood to boiling is that he thought I was not fun b/c i didn't embarrass myself with him. He didn't want to talk to me anymore. I thought that was rude and very mean. I was willing to be friends with him regardless, but he couldn't even do that. I wish he would have told me the truth about his personality before we went out so i would have known what to expect!!

Okay enough about JJ...more about AM. I went over to AM's house after work yesterday because he asked me to come. He lives pretty far away from me, but i'm willing to make that drive. He always greets me at the door with a big smile, a warm hug, a soft kiss, and a genuine 'how was your day?" That's something a girl could get used to. He works at night because he's in grad school during the day. School hasn't started back yet, but he still had to work last night...so we only had a couple of hours to spend together. However, those hours I spent with him were better than some days and weeks I might have spent with others in the past. He gives true meaning to the phrase, "Quality Time".
Anyways, we have been getting closer and closer since we've met and I'm anxious to see what happens with us!!

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...