Monday, January 05, 2004

A new year!!!

Well I am happy!! It is a new year and I am alive to see it!!! It is amazing how much we take for granted. Someone died a minute before new years day and never got to see the new and exciting things this year may hold. I am truly grateful and I give God all of the praise for allowing me to see a new day...and a new year!!
Well, it is business as usual at the ole office. Everyone is back from their vacation and we are starting all over again!! I have tons of work to do so I probably won't be too long on here. I just wanted to share my last past week with you. I went to church on new year's eve...as usual...and I had a wonderful time. We stayed in church until 1:30 though we usually get out at 12:30, but for some reason, service didn't seem as long as usual. I guess because I was really having fun. 2003 was a pretty eventful year for me. I lost my grandparents a day apart from each other (my mother's dad and my father's mom). I had to get a restraining order and eventually send to jail a guy who stalked and attempted to rape me. I lost a good friend in the war, R.I.P. Jamaal. My ex. fiance married the girl he cheated on me with. My cousin had a miscarriage. My boyfriend moved to texas. My half brother and his wife split up, leaving my little nephew in shambles, I lost my job....and my best friend called off her wedding because she found out her fiance had lied about everything!! Okay, as I read over these events, I realized that a lot of unfortunate things happened last year. But then I think about all the good things that happened last year, and I get excited all over again: I met a lot of new friends, I bought a new car, I lost a few pounds, I got a new exciting job with great people, benefits, stock, and salary, I recorded a couple of commercial songs and backup vocals, I was able to do, get, and buy just about everything my heart desired, my dad celebrated his 50th birthday, my parents celebrated their 25th anniversary, we had our first family vacation in 6 years, my cousin and I reconciled our differences and became good friends again, I was happy for most of the year, and I had people who love me around at all times!!! As the songwriter says, "I've had some blue days, I've had some hills to climb, I've had some weary days and sleepless nights. But when I look around and think things over, all of my good days, outweigh my bad days, so I'll just say, Thank you Lord, I won't complain."

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...