Friday, January 23, 2004

The "Rules Girl" on... Calling Men!!

So, he asked me why I didn't call him and I kinda stumbled around to find an answer. I eventually said, "Um, I was really busy. I'm sorry." I guess he bought it b/c he said "oh" and moved on... for a while at least. Then he went back to it. I guessed that it really kinda bothered him that I didn't call him. I mean, he was saying it as non chalant as he could, but the amount of times he brought it up was enough to alarm me that it was noticable to him that I didnt call him. I didn't know what to say b/c obviously, "I was busy" wasn't good enough for him seeing how he keeps dancing around the fact that I didn't call him all weekend. Well...during our convo, he breaks out and says, "Come to think of it, you hardly ever call me." Okay, by this time, I'm ready to give up on the rules! THEY SUCK! We've never stayed on a subject this long and I had apologized already for the weekend, so now what!!! So I started to stutter, trying to explain why I don't call (you know the whole he's at work/save your minutes thing I explained to ya'll earlier?) but as soon as I started he was like, "you know what...nevermind. Don't explain. I LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU DON'T CALL!! If you did call all the time, I would probably get sick of it. I like calling you."
WOW!! My jaw dropped. A rule.... working! Wow.. and to think.... I almost messed it up by making excuses and explaining and promising to call more!! I couldn't believe it. He actually liked having to do all of the calling. Men are so freakin weird!! So, with that being said, I thought that I'd slowly integrate more of the "Rules" into our friendship/relationship so that it won't be an obvious and abrupt change in my behavior, but one day he'll wake up and be like, dang, this girl's no joke. Was she always like this?? Hmmmm?
Since men supposedly "like the chase"... I'm gonna try and start making them run!! I'll let you know how that goes!
**dubie dubie**

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...