Thursday, July 21, 2005

My Big Day

So my birthday is coming up next Saturday and I’m a little nervous. Unfortunatly for me, birthdays are for some reason NOT my best day. I’ve went out of my way since I turned 18 to make my b-day EXTRA special…but somehow… it always becomes sub par… and for the last 3 years it’s been just downright HORRIBLE.

Wednesday July 30, 2002 – It started off pretty well. I was finally getting over my big break up from my fiance. I didn’t have a job, but I just met some new friends. I had no car…but I was gonna get a ride to the club with my cousin. I had no money…but who needed money when you had a pretty face, a good weave, big toppers, thick thighs, and an outfit that would make a straight girl turn her head. This year had the making of a great birthday. In fact, the actual day was fine until i went to the club. (yes...i was a club head back then)
My cousin and I was dropping it like it was hott and I guess I had an admirer. It was nothing new. I’ve told ya’ll about my club experiences (here). I always get the loonies. Anyway…he was nice. He watched me as he leaned on the bar. When I got enough nerves, I walked up to him and asked him if he liked what he saw. I was on a mission. It was the first birthday in my adult life that I was single and I was determined to live it up. I needed my ego fix. I was uncontrollable. I was on fire!!
I spit a little game to him…got him to buy my cousin about 3 rounds of drinks…and then in true Sway fashion, flashed him a sexy smile while staring in his eyes…and winking before walking away forever. I was through with him. I was tipsy…my cousin was tipsy…in my mind he served his purpose.

Obviously he didn’t think so. I was his now. After a few songs…he found me.

Looney: what are you doing?
Me: uh…dancing.
Looney: u can’t dance with him *jerking my arm*
Me: what the he…
Looney: Listen, dance with me…or your girl… that’s it.*turning me around so he can dance with me*
Me: *staring in disbelief* You are crazy!
Guy I was dancing with (GIWDW): oh my bad patnuh…I ain’t know she was with u
Me: *slurring* I’m not. We can dance. F* him!
Looney: *mean mugging ole dude*
GIWDW: * Oh okay. *pulling me back towards him* Well what the hell he talking bout den? *pointing at and mean mugging Looney*
Looney: *jerking me back*
GIWDW: *jerking me back*

Finally one of them managed to rip my already revealing shirt, exposing my orange push up bra. *smh* I was so embarrassed…I ran to the bathroom and stayed in there for 10 minutes trying to call my cousin who was somewhere in the club. Of course she didn’t hear her phone ring. So left her a message telling her I’d be out by the car, then I ran out of the bathroom, jetted out the club and waited my wanna- be- pimp, orange-bra-wearing, feet- just-hurting, self by her car for about 20 minutes.

Happy birthday to me. *blink, blink*


Thursday July 30, 2003- It started off great. I was happy. I took the day off from work and I had plans to get all dolled up, go shopping & buy me something purrdy for my b-day dinner party with my parents later that day, and then I was going over my boyfriend TD’s house (‘member him? click here or here) to spend the night with him. We worked together, so it was easy to just take one car to work that next Friday morning and then continue my b-day celebration on into Friday night and even Saturday if needed. Before I got out the door to do my shopping, I got a surprise phone call from an EX that I hadn’t seen in a while. He asked to come by…and hey…since it was my b-day…I said sure. (big mistake)
Things got heated between us and some thangs happened that I am NOT PROUD OF. I felt soooo bad because we both had significant others and we both knew about each others sig. O’s. I felt HORRIBLE. I pretty much ruined my own birthday. After my experience with him, I didn’t even wanna go shopping. (But I did) I picked up a flirty little dress..and got ready... hoping that my evening activities would help me forget about the afternoon shindig I had with ole EX.

I was wrong.

As usual.


My parents came home to a fully dressed and ready to go 23 year old. I was rushing them. I was ready to get my day going. I NEEDED to feel better. Unfortunately, they took my haste as my anticipation to get the dinner over with and go on to my next plans. So they decided that it would be best if I just go on with my next set of plans and they would take me out this weekend. That really kinda made me mad, but I said okay, since they seemed to have made up their minds. After all..they just did what they thought I wanted them to do. I figured it would give me and TD more time to play… so I called him. He didn’t answer. I decided to wait a few minutes on him to return my call, while my parents went to eat with out me. 30 minutes later, I’m PISSED. I’m at home, ALONE. In my pretty dress…feeling EVEN GUILTIER about my afternoon. I’m HUNGRY. My parents are out eating on MY friggin birthday and my boyfriend won’t answer his phone!!! I was heated…but more hungry than heated, so i headed to waffle house. It was close…cheap…and the only place that I could sit down and eat with out having to see couples and feel eyes watching me eating alone. He finally calls while I’m in mid meal. He apologizes… he claims he didn’t hear the phone cuz he "fell asleep waiting on my call”. (yeah...sure) So I finish my meal and go over to his house. I’ll admit. I had an AT-TI-TUDE when I got there. A MAJOR 'TUDE. My b-day was almost over and NOTHING went as planned. Guilt made me not even want to be close to him…and my attitude made him not wanna be close to me. We ended up not having that nice romantic night I’d dreamed of for days. Instead, we went to bed mad. Well I was mad… he put on his “I don’t care” face all night and was snoring before I got out of the bathroom and into bed. I couldn’t sleep. I felt HORRIBLE. I had thoroughly screwed up my day…and I needed someone to blame it on. lol. So what did I do?

3:30 AM
Me: *shaking TD* Get up. We need to talk.
Him: No sway…I’m sleep. I suggest you wait til morning
Me: *mad cuz I’m a brat and I couldn’t have my way* No…get up. I have something I wanna say.
Him: *pulling covers over his head* Hell naw. I asked u what was wrong when u got here. u didn’t wanna talk then. It’s yo fault. Now take yo ass to bed.
Me: *screaming* Noooooooooooo. *yanking covers off of him* I gotta tell you what happened today. I need to get this off my chest.

So for the next 30 minutes… I act like a COMPLETE IDIOT by basically arguing with myself cuz he went back to sleep…or pretended to all while I cried and pitched a hissy fit.

Needless to say… we broke up that next morning.

But in true Sway fashion… I got him back. *wink* lol


Anyways…Happy birthday to me. *blink,blink*

July 30, 2004- Well it started off great as usual. I was happy. I had a full time job. I had a nice lil whip (read: car). My pockets were looking good… ESPECIALLY since my birthday fell on a Friday and ya girl got PAID on her big day. I took off the entire week because I like to do it BIG for my birthday. The last two b-days were sucky…and so I was determined to make this one big. I was dating someone. Ya’ll remember Mr. Anthony. Mr. ETHEREAL himself. We was still kickin it… even after I vowed to never let him in my life again. (mistake)… He was on his best behavior and all was well in the U.S. of Sway.
A week before my b-day vacation, I made preparations for Anthony and I to go to Myrtle Beach. I was excited. A week at the beach with my baby! Just us…doing what we do. Oh…I was excited. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. *smh* He told me that his mom called him from Arkansas (that’s where he was from) and told him that his grandfather had a few brain tumors..and that he needed to come home ASAP since they had no idea how long Grandpa would be around. Well…. Of course after hearing this, I didn’t wanna go to myrtle beach. I cancelled our plans…and told him to hightail his butt to Arkansas. He left Friday before my b-day and got back Monday. Well…I had still taken off from work…and he was back by Tuesday…so he suggested that we just make the best of it and spend the week together here in the ATL. I agreed. After all, I had nothing else to do really. Thursday came and the week had been great so far. He asked me to spend the night with him Thursday night so that he could be the first to see me and wish me happy b-day in the morning. (awwww…how sweet..huh? smacking my teeth and mumbling "liar") I had HAVE a STRICT rule about spending the night over people’s houses. It’s just not something I do unless we’re a couple and have been together for a second. Spending the night is... very intimate. It’s very…suggestive. It’s very… couplish…loveish… etc. Soooooo….if I do it…I have to REALLY be feeling you. So when he asked me… I’m sure you know what I said….

YES. *smh* It was the first time since my last birthday. And what better way to usher in my special day than to “consummate” my special relationship with this special person?
So it’s Thursday night, my birthday is less than an hour away. My overnight bag was in the corner of his bedroom and we were getting ready to go party like nobody’s business. I had already informed him that Friday night (my b-day night) my friends had already planned something special for me and I was spending the night at a hotel with them. So today was really OUR celebration of my b-day. In the midst of our laughter… we heard a knock on his front door. Huh? I looked at the clock. Who could that be? We looked at each other. Judging from his facial expression, he didn’t look like he had a clue either. He heads down the stairs and I follow in silence. My stomach started doing flips…I wasn’t sure why. I found out moments later.

Turns out that his girlfriend TAYLOR came to visit him from Tennessee a day early. YES this neegro planned to screw his other girlfriend on MY friggin birthday. YES I SAID TAYLOR. YES the one I wrote about last year. Yes the one that told me she was gonna leave him alone. The one I said would probably be dumb enough to stay with him while I move on… (ha. Guess we were both pretty dumb) Yeah…well turns out… neither of us moved on. We were both STILL dating him. She showed up at the door on some “surprise boo!” tip. His behind sure was surprised. He couldn’t get outta this like he did last time. Telling me one thing and her another. Having us both believe that the other one was just a friend. Turning our words around to make a believable lie. This time, she was there… and so was i. And neither of us was going anywhere. In true pimp fashion… ANTHONY lit a doggone black and mild and let Taylor and I talk while he chilled like this was some normal ish happening and he just didn't get caught…

Me and Taylor both on some... "I thought u said you was gonna leave him alone? Um.. I thought YOU said YOU was gonna leave him alone…" bull! lol

He pretty much denied that he was messing with either of us in both our faces. lol. It pissed me off so bad I hit him. Then I got my ish told her she can have his broke down *bleepity bleep* and proceeded to drive home… ON MY BIRTHDAY. I guess he explained to her that he wasn't my man, and she believed him cuz they ended up going out and partying. I know cuz she called me to wish me a happy birthday later on that day. Wasn't that nice? (smacking teeth)


Happy birthday to me.


I wonder what this year will hold?

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...