Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Christmas in July

July has definitely went by fast for me. Since I tend to look at the world in 2 week increments due to the bi-weekly paychecks I receive, I am pretty much already at the end of September because it seems like that will be the next time I’ll have a free check. So with that being said, July was pretty much over for me before it even started. lol. This week however hasn’t went by too fast. It seems like it’s taking forever for this week to come to the best weekend ever…aka…birthday weekend…payday weekend…tax free weekend…spend all 3 days with TG weekend…and get presents and stuff weekend. lol

It’s only Wednesday? Are u serious? *impatiently tapping my foot* Ugh! Lets go..let’s go…let’s gooooooooo!!

So I was asked 3 times already by TG to go get my finger sized. My coworkers seem to think they’re hearing wedding bells in the near future. hahahaha. Now THAT’S funny. I just think he wants to know for future reference. They think I’m in denial. I denied being in denial. What? Felt like the right thing to do. *shrug*
But really… when I thought about it. He DID kinda keep on asking me to go ASAP to find out my ring size so that he can know. 3 times in the last month IS kinda a lot. Hmmm… *shrug*

Anyways… while at Zales Monday sizing my finger. I couldn’t help but glance at these beautiful rings… AND their prices. Lawd have mercy! I mean… we already trying to get our head above water…and now he just so happened to fall in love with a girl who seems to unintentionally desire the most expensive ish on earth. Poor TG. I saw a lot of rings I liked. They were all over $4,000. *blink, blink*

This solitaire /enhancer combo was one of the ones I saw that really looked nice on my finger.


So people...... I really wanna know what ya’ll think. Now, I’m not saying we’re getting married tomorrow…but this is something that’s been crossing my mind a lot lately…so I figured I’d ask. Now engagement/wedding rings are something you gotta wear pretty much for the rest of your life. So quite naturally, you wanna be happy with what u put on your finger. Now I’m not hard to please. For me, I’m just happy this man that I love dearly, loves me back enough to wanna make it official and get me a ring. The problem is… well… despite my being easy to please, He KNOWS me. He KNOWS the kind of stuff I like…and he’d wanna get me the best… knowing that the best for me is VERY expensive (okay that’s not the problem, here’s the problem)… BUT…it wouldn’t be financially smart to get me the one(s) I really like cuz we could do SOOOO many other things with that money. So….. what do u suggest we do?

Should we wait….and get it later? Hold off on everything until we get in a position to be able to do everything with ease. It might take a few years. Which means we couldn’t be together for at least 2-3 more years… but at least when we get the ring…we’ll be happy knowing that we didn’t have to risk not paying something else because of it.

Should we go ahead and get it now? It’s a big investment, but it’s so worth it. I mean that’s what I’m gonna be wearing for the rest of my life…might as well make it what I want. And the bills are gonna be there regardless….if it’s not one thing, it’ll be another.

Should we go ahead now and get another pretty but less expensive ring? I mean, time is of the essence. We both would like to be together way before 2007-2008. So should we just get a nice affordable ring now…and upgrade later when we can afford to?

What would you all suggest?

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...