Monday, July 11, 2005

Are ya'll hiring?

I’m still confused at how today is Monday when yesterday HAD to be Friday. I KNOW we didn’t have a weekend? C’mon. For real…. *yawn* It can’t be Monday. And then a dark stormy Monday at that. Man wouldn’t this be a great sleep-in day? *kickin rocks* I should’ve stayed home. Apparently I didn’t get the memo cuz about 70% of my department called my GOTTA-MAKE-IT-TO-WORK-THROUGH-TREE-BRANCHES-ACCIDENTS-AND-POWER-OUTAGES behind and told me that they were gonna take a personal day. *smacking my teeth* I just HAD to come to work huh? *yawn* I guess it’s okay. No ones really here…so I don’t have to pretend like I’m working really hard today. And so it’s kinda LIKE a personal day. Besides… my power’s off at home anyways… I hate taking a whole personal day and then waking up around 11 and having NOTHING to do and being mad cuz I should’ve saved that day and went to work. So it’s all good. Being in a dark, hot house with nothing to do and nowhere to go isn’t really all that fun once you’ve ate and slept. So I guess it’s okay that I’m at work. I can surf the net for some furniture and stuff.

Didn’t I tell ya’ll I was moving? What? Stop rolling your eyes, I AM. I know I’ve been saying that for 2 years but still… I’m moving. lol

Naw…this time I really am for real. I’ve already told my mom. I knew that would be the hardest part. Telling her I’m moving and not feeling guilty after she gives me that sad, hurt look is definitely a good sign that the worst part is over. *sigh* Now… next mission is to get a part-time evening job and take a tour of the townhomes I’ve been reading up on and looking at online. *sigh* I’m actually kinda dreading this part more than the telling my mom part. I’ve been filling out applications…but honestly… I haven’t really been getting too many responses. :( My friend said it was cuz my resume makes me look over qualified.
*blink, blink*

Boooooooooooooooo!

As many jobs as I’ve had, I’ve never really had a retail gig. None of the stuff on my resume is relevant to working at a place like home depot…or Rich’s. lol I’ve never had a job like that. My first lil high school job was at a dentist office. *sigh* It’s crazy to have to un-decorate your resume. lol Man, bump all that overqualified garb. Just ask me if I’m content saying paper or plastic…and if I am…gimme the job. Retail turnaround rates are ridiculous anyways…so gimme a chance and lemme make a few dollars…if I quit, you got a bazillion folks waiting to be then next ex-macy’s employee! Geez!


Oh well… *sigh* I guess it’ll all work out. *yawn*

But err uh... if any of ya'll happen to be hiring for an evening gig...holla atcha girl! lol



I’m hungry. *off to find some food*

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...