Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Sway...on Music

Classical-
1.
Mozart's symphony no. 40 in G minor KV 550- Molto Allegro is one of my alltime favorites. I mean, there's nothing like it.
2.
Pachebel's canon in D minor. OK, i don't know why I didn't name this one first. I guess because I was listening to the first one when i started this. But Canon IS my favorite EVER!!! When I hear it, I get this vision of me being 4 again and I'm in this sun-lit ballet room in my pink tutu and I'm listening to this music and I am just as happy as I could be...jumping around and leaping...and I am all alone, happy as ever...and I see beautiful white linen window drapes that are dancing in the air due to the cracked window where a cool spring breeze creeps through...
It never fails, no matter when or where I hear that song, I see this vision and I get all warm and tingly inside.
3.
Mozart's "Requiem. Even though this is in a completely different category from the previous two...it is SO FRIGGIN GREAT!!! I think I already wrote an entire post about Requiem, so I won't dwell on it, but if you ever get a chance to hear it in its entirety, I think that you would be a fan too!

Jazz
1. Mike Phillip's entire CD is off the chain!!! I am a fan. I guess if I had to choose only one song on there, it would be "Not what you say". It is sooooo wonderful. You should check it out. It's good riding music.
2. Of course you can't talk about new age jazz with out mentioning Kenny G. His christmas album was no. one in the WORLD!! In the WORLD!! That just goes to show you that true music transcends language and ethnicity. I think my alltime favorite is a tie between Songbird and Sillhouette. His new song, "malibu beach" is really nice too.
3. Paul Jackson Jr.'s "It's a shame" and Art of noise's "moments of love" are two wonderful pieces that are tied in my book. Totally different styles, totally different instruments, yet I can't decide which one should be in 3rd.

Gospel

I listen to so much in gospel music that, there's no way I could number them and narrow it down. So...here goes some that are at the top of my head right now.

1. Canton Jones- his CD is like no other... he has a hip hop/ r&b flava, but in no way could it be misconstrued for secular music. I mean, the beats are definitely on...but the words are all about God and how good He is to us. I think it's a wonderful CD. It's not in stores, but you can get it from his website cajoentertainment.com

2. Fred Hammond- everything Fred makes is platinium! I LOVE FRED. You can truly feel the presence of God in every song he sings. I wouldn't categorize his music as contemporary nor traditional. His music can be felt, and he has such a wonderful voice and spirit. Some of my favorites from him are, Bread of Heaven, Draw Night, Dance like David, and No Weapon.

3. Martha Munizzi's CD. Oh my goodness, if you haven't heard her cd, go check it out RIGHT NOW! Her CD reminds me of Juanita Bynum's CD due to the fact that it's more of an experience than a CD. You can feel the presence of God when you listen to it. I like almost EVERY single song on there.

4. A compilation of praise songs... We wanna see; Lord we magnify you; The joy of the Lord;Everything;You are the Air I breathe; Your latter will be greater; I'm gonna lift you up;This is my desire; All the way; and Lord I believe(all things are possible); Turn my heart oh Lord; Jesus, there's something about that name; We remember you; Doxology; Glory to your name; Holy, Holy, Holy; and many many more...

R&B
1. My all time favorite R&B song is by far, to hard to decide... so for this category, I'll just try to remember some songs I really like and am feeling right now:
Newer
Reuben Studdard- Sorry for 2004
Usher feat. lil john and ludacris- Yeah
Monica-Knock, Knock
Beyonce-Me, Myself and I
Aaliyah-Come over and Rock tha boat
Amon- I don't want you no more (this is song is crazy... someone must have really hurt this brotha )

Older
Az Yet- Last Night
Joe feat. Mystical -Stutter
Avant feat. KiKi Wyatt- My first love
Joe- All the things your man won't do
Silk- Freak me
Next-Gotta Be
Shai- if I ever fall in love again, comforter
Jodeci- Feenin
Lauren Hill- X-factor
Musiq- I just wanna know your name
LL Cool J feat. Boyz II Men - Hey lover
Jill Scott-Is it the way, Revelations,
H-town- Knockin da boots
D'Angelo-Brown Sugar, cruisin, $hyt, damn, muthaf__r
Aaliyah- Are you that somebody, IF your girl only knew, more than a woman, 4 page letter
Destiny's Child-Emotions, Say my name
Envogue- Don't let go, yesterday
all Michael Jackson and all R Kelly and Stuff... (both very disturbed men, but wonderful artists)

Even Older
Al Green- Love and Happiness
Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
Earth, Wind, and Fire-Reasons
Gap Band-Burn Rubber
Issac Hayes-Theme from Shaft
Isley Bros. -Between the Sheets
Lakeside-Fantastic Voyage

Rap - old and new
Too Short- Shake it like a monkey
biggie and bone- notorious thugs
most of kilo's songs (okay, i am a true southern girl lol)
everything TuPac and Outkast has made
TI latest CD... trap muzik ( every one should pick that up... that brotha has skills...don't sleep)
Dre- Explosive
Neck of da Woods- mystical
Ice Cube-Today was a good
Snoop Dog and Dre- don't know the name...but it's kinda old "1,2,3 and to tha 4"
Twista- Pimpology and Emotions
and many more that i can't remember.... oh well



No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...