Monday, December 22, 2003

Mother knows best...

well it's monday...and I'm feeling horrible. I had such an interesting week last week. I guess my staying out late in all of that cold weather finally took its toll on my body. I couldn't do hardly anything this weekend. I felt so bad. I am still not 100% better, but I am slowly getting there. My mother told me to stay in and wrap up more...but I didn't listen. I never listen. I guess it doesn't pay to be hardheaded huh?
So much happened last week, I can't begin to write it all. Okay, overview. Our job had another christmas party...but this one included the entire bldg. not just our floor, which was well....crowded. It was kinda cool. Well the concept was cool anyways...we had different events and food on each floor and we all just went from one floor to the next playing and eating. My floor had karyoke, which would have been good if every american idol reject didn't try to redeem themselves here at our party!! I had to leave after a while for fear of contracting the "off key" disease.
The food was a little dissapointing. I mean, the desserts were wonderful, but everything else was...yucky. I ended up eating cheese and crackers and calling it a day. I met up with AM thursday night and that was pretty cool. We ended up going to the mall, eating at Ruby Tuesdays, and chillin at his place. He lives like an hour away from me. That is quite a drive!! But I can see myself making it because he's a cool guy to chill with. Anyways, we talked for a long time thursday night and things got a little hot and heavy, so I ended up leaving before we did something we would later regret. At least now I know that we shouldn't be alone with each other and expect nothing to happen.

Friday night RH and I went shopping for my dad's christmas gifts. He is such a wonderful guy too. AM and RH both restore my faith in men. Both are so different, yet I like them both alot. RH and I went to Southlake mall, and he helped me pick out some really cool sweaters for my dad. Of course I looked like crap b/c I was sooo sick and my head was pounding. But RH, well he looked incredible as usual. He looked at me a lot more this time when we went out. I was wondering what he was thinking. He was probably like, "dag, what the heck??....she didn't look like that the last time I saw her." But I don't know, I mean, he did suggest that we go see Lord of the Rings 3 together. That has to be a good sign right. Guys don't wanna go out anywhere with girls if they are embarrassed by them...right? Okay, that's good. At least I'm not too repulsing then :)
We talked last night as well, we always have really interesting conversations...okay, let me tell you the kind of things he does that makes me smile:
We were talking and he warned me that his battery was low and that his phone may just cut off and it won't let him call back until it is fully recharged. I said okay, thanks for the heads up and we continued talking. Sure enough about 7 min. later, his phone cut off. So I figured okay, that was it. This brotha found a way to call me back just to say he's sorry and to say that he didn't want it to happen again, so he was gonna cut this convo short, and I said okay, that's fine. We said everything but goodnight before his phone cut off for the second time. About 3 minutes later, he calls back just to say goodnight. Isn't that soooo sweet!! It put a smile on my face. Just simple things like that is why I really like RH. He does simple things that mean so much. He didn't have to tell me goodnight...but that extra effort just stands out. Anyways...gotta go....will write later.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...