Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Today is...

waaaaaay too beautiful outside to be stuck in an office. *sigh* I knew from the moment I woke up that today would be one of those days that I couldn’t pass up basking outside in the sun. So I did what every 9-5 working soul sista would do. I called in sick. *cough cough*

I couldn’t take off for an entire day unfortunately because I have soooo much on my plate right now. But I DID drag my behind in at about noon. lol. This morning it was just me and nature. I went to a park close to my house. Not many people out…but more than I expected at 9:30am. I forgot that the chullins…err…children were out on spring break. So a few lil hot mamas and their hot boyfriends were out there making me all jealous. lol. It was peaceful though. I hated that I couldn’t have stayed longer. I loved having a chance to just sit and enjoy the wonderful scenery that God has so graciously allowed me to experience. Sometimes in a world full of chaos, it’s easy to get lost in the MJ case, Terri Schiavo incedent, Johnny Cocran and the Pope's death, and the 150 wars going on at any given moment each day. But I bet if people just got away for a second and allowed themselves to really inhale the serenity of nature…our lives would be all the better. I know my life is. *happy sigh*

Even if I’m back in the office… cooped up between four suffocating walls with deadlines, reports, conference calls and unexpected computer crashes. I’m still the better just knowing that peace is only a few trees away…

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...