Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Changing lanes...

It's now 10 a.m.

I am the only one in the office. *insert heavy silence* Why you ask? Well my OTHER co-workers are all downstairs preparing for the "Big Day". Make-up on POINT... hurrrr is DONE...they are all dressed to the nines! Silk ties, kasper and larry levine suits, stacy adams, nine west, and even a few prada shoes...they're all down there. Today is picture day. I've known for about a week that it was coming. 2 minutes before work ended yesterday...a blast email reminder was sent. I put in on my calendar. Both calendars. No one can forget picture day. It's only the BIGGEST day besides Christmas and Mother's day. lol This picture will be blown up into a poster and hung at our nationwide conference that we are hosting next friday. This is BIG stuff. It's the picture that's going in newspapers and journals with articles talking about our research. NO ONE forgets picture day. Well...no one but me. *holding head in shame* I'm sitting at my desk with two afro puff ponytails...looking all of 3 years old. No make up to cover my poofy sleepy eyes, jeans all comfortable and un-ironed, a pink t-shirt that looks like i just woke up and put it on (which i kinda did...after showering of course) and some dingy silver nikes. *smh* I really wasn't feeling dressing up today. I was SOOOO ANTI dressing up. lol. Which is crazy cuz I'm usually ALWAYS in business attire. My co-workers usually call me, MS. BRC - fashion diva. lol I guess I got that title revoked today. I just completely forgot about picture day. I look a HOT MESS! I wasn't actually planning on coming in. I didn't sleep last night, so when my alarm went off, i decided that i'd just take the day off. I had such a mentally and emotionally intense night last night that this morning i was out of it. But i sucked it up and decided about 10 minutes before i was supposed to BE here...that i should get out of the bed and come to work. So, I hurriedly showered and put on the first thing I saw. Now i sit here....kinda hurt that i forgot ...but glad no on made me go take a picture looking like this.

Then...as I start typing this doggone post... while they were all gone... My co-worker/friend and boss rushes back up stairs and over to my desk with a black suit jacket 2 sizes too small and as I try to run past them, my boss grabs my shirt, clips me and tackles me to the floor while my co-worker works the jacket on to me. (okay not really...but they might as well have) Then they force me into the elevator, and draaaaaag me outside with the other suits and skirts and prada heels. They slap me DEAD CENTER in the picture.... Right smack in the front. ME! Looking like a broke down punky brewster....am now the poster child for the american cancer society!!! *smh* It's a sad day for uppity black folks everywhere. I just set us back a good 10 years.

So as I defeatedly take this picture. I smile. Though i look a mess. I feel great. See... the reason i didn't want to come to work this morning is because I stayed up all night. The reason i stayed up all night is because i couldn't stop thinking about the events that had just taken place earlier that evening.

Someone met me.

His name is TG. I've been silent about what's been going on in the land of Sway for a while, partly because I felt like no one really wanted to hear about my million and a half church services...and partly because everytime i get ready to write... something else comes up and i just get further and further behind. I meant to tell you guys about my singing group AGES ago. Actually it was the reason I wrote about my stalker. I was setting you guys up for what's happening now. But i never got around to it. So... i'll just cut all the background info and jump right into it. I'm in a gospel "ensemble". In the summer...we will begin recording original songs and singing them around the US and London. The Lord has already given us favor. It's amazing. We've been on TBN already...and in July we are going to sing at Former President Clinton's library. I'm excited. Anywho.... there's a young man that plays the drums for the group. The first rehearsal I went to I saw him. He looked familiar. He was cute. I remember thinking... dang...i'm so glad i have some eye candy. lol. But that's all remember about him. He was quiet. Suave. Laid Back. Chill. He was all that. And me... well i came to sing. So my attention quickly shifted from him and his drumset back to the purpose of my being there.

Every saturday at 5, we would meet for rehearsal. I never said hi to him, I never even shook his hand. I'd glance over at him every so often...wondering if he was married. Wondering if he thought i was cute. Wondering which of his parents he got his wavy hair from. Then i'd remember that my focus should be on God....and I'd tell God sorry...and continue to praise Him.

Saturday, I saw a ring. *dang*
He's married i muttered under my breath. With a shrug...and tight knot at the center of my stomach... i paid him no mind. I had to leave rehearsal early because i had another engagement. Before I could excuse myself, a little girl came to me and gave me a card. On the card was TG's number. I looked at him before exiting. He motioned for me to call him.

I smiled in the car.

Yesterday i called him. Let me tell you... his account of meeting me was MUCH different from my account of meeting him (which i just gave you above). He saw something in me. He met me. Maybe when the awe dies down i'll be able to repeat his words to me.

When he finished telling me his account of our meeting. I felt something i've never felt before. It wasn't an emotion I've ever felt. It almost felt like.... completion. I know that sounds weird. lol.

Something he said stuck in my head all night long. As we were talking he stopped in mid-sentence and said, "Sway, you feel it too don't you? you already know. i know you know because i feel it too."

Now on the real.... if anybody just stops mid sentence and say that....most people would be like W.T.H? What are you talking about. Feel what? Know what neegro? Huh? Huh?

But the crazy thing was that i DID know. i did feel it. Feel what? *shrug* beats me... but i felt it. lol
i don't know what i know...but i know it. lol I'm not making ANY sense right now. lol But at the same time...it all makes perfect sense. Somethings happening. I don't want to jump the gun on this...but he's gonna play a major role in my life.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...