Monday, November 22, 2004

I need some Ritalin.....

Well today is a dreary monday and I can't believe how crunk I am. I usually dislike mondays.... ALOT. The thought of having to come to work and be greeted by piles of papers and new research assignments usually make me instantly melancoly. But today I'm pumped and I don't know why. So much has went/is going wrong today already. First of all, I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I had decided to grow my perm out in like...february this year. So I got braids and began the long process to going completely natural. Well this weekend, for the first time, I decided that the process is complete and my hair is now where it needs to be in order for me to rock this "natural" do. Man, oh man. What was I THINKING!!! Me. The same person who hates to do hair, the same person who screams with agony when a comb touches her head cuz she's sooooooo tenderheaded, the SAME person who's PERMED hair draw up like some cotton candy as soon as water hits it. Yeah... I decided to do all of this hair business THIS weekend in the rain. *shaking my head* I got my hair pressed and it was all silky and pretty saturday. I looked like I had a nice Mizani or Kera Care Perm.... and I was feeling mighty fine. Proud that I was chemical free.... then I tossed my hair and stepped outside. Instantly my ish turned into a 'fro. From that night, it got worse. Today I look a HOT MESS! A HOT MESS i tell ya. It was so bad when i got up this morning that I was forced to wear a little bandana around it in hopes that the bandana would keep the poofiness down. lol. I feel like the karate kid or somebody. I got the same kinda lil bandana on. Except mine is gold and tan. Anyway... needless to say, waking up to a big puff of hair was enough to put me in a bad mood. But it didn't. Then I got here and everyone started calling me pocohontas. lol. I guess i kinda do have that pocohontas thang going on. lol. Anyway, I got here and realized that I locked my keys in the darn car! AAAAAHHH. So I'm not able to get lunch because I can't drive there. The worst part about that is telling my lunch date that I can't make it cuz I locked my keys in the car like a SPED. *sigh* Oh well.

Then on top of the poofy hair with the karate kid/pocahontas bandana, the fact that it's monday, the pile of work on my desk, and the locked car keys, my stupid computer won't work that well. In fact, I have no idea if it'll even post all this crap i'm writing. lol. My Yahoo IM isn't working...which SUCKS cuz chatting with my online friends is how i get through my day. Then BP erased all my doggone notes for the last week. So I'm bored as all getout because I have no one to blow time chatting with. lol. But nevertheless....I'm CRUNK. *singing that infectious
"lose my breath" song by Destiny's Child* I'm crunk like they just told me I have the week off with pay AND they'll give me a thanksgiving bonus. I'm crunk like I'm married to Boris Kodjoe and Morris Chestnut is my sugar daddy. I'm crunk like Bush didn't win the election.

I don't know. I'm weird. On wonderful sunny fridays, i'll be all sad, but on a dreary, messy monday, I'm tooooo crunk. lol.. dah well. I'm just glad to be alive. Just glad for life. And though it's not nearly where I'd hope it would be, it's still mine to live and have and experience. So yay! I'm off to bounce my poofy hair around and sing "joy to the world" to all my co-workers who already think I'm crazy. lol Gone.


No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...