Friday, September 12, 2008

Is it really 2008?

I wasn't planning to write today.

Really.

Today I planned to play a few computer games, peruse the blogs I haven't visited in a while, and just look on the web for the host of things I've told myself I need to check out. One being, the show times for the new Tyler Perry movie at the theaters close to my house.
Well you know me, when I get there, I see a link to reviews/comments and I become curious. The first thing that caught my eye was a discussion entitled "God another crappy black movie".

Click.

You know I had to see what was going on with that.

So I read this Kara lady's post which said "I don't get it. Blacks are usually good comedians but their movies are so awful. Why?"

So after getting that "oh no she didn't" face. I started reading the 142 comments in response to hers. I just knew folks were ripping her a new one. What I saw was more crazy comments. But this one right here is the one that prompted me to slowly put my cup down, take a deep breath, and suddenly have the urge to write. This muthaf... err... person wrote:

Re: God another crappy black movie............. 28-Aug-08 03:00 pm
I was at a party last weekend and this black guy kept hitting on me. I finally told him to stop. Christ, is this the black mentality? You watch too many black movies when you think all white girls want your dirty aids-infested penis. My boyfriend is 7 inches which is more than enough for me. Plus he has a job, is good looking, and is intelligent. Find me all those qualities in one black guy - I won't hold my breath. Unbelievable the confidence blacks have considering what they have to offer. Ugh!!



Somebody come get this chile before I look up her IP address... find out where she lives, and whup her tail!!!

I know all of our men don't have their ish together. But there are a good plenty that do. I can name a host of Black men with good jobs that are intelligent and fine as all outdoors. It's sad the type of stereotypes people have and the type of stereotypes that we sometimes enforce. And on that same note, I know some bummy azz, unintelligent white men who don't work and aren't cute. So what's your point? Ooooh she just lit a fire in me. The nerve of her to even type that ish. She gonna make slap the first white girl I see who look like they're getting ready to talk slick. I guess I'm still kinda sensitive to stereotypes and racist thinking. Black men are my "Ms. Jenkins". Don't be talking about them. Woooh-saaaaah!

2 comments:

laughing808 said...

ROFL......not too mention not all black men have dieases.....she has no real concept, so she should have kept her remarks/response towards the movie.

Anonymous said...

How sad...

You should have linked that post. In fact, you still should. Send it to me and I'll pass it around.

Ms. Tee

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...