Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well it's Tuesday...

... but it’s my Monday because I took the day off yesterday. I needed it.
Well let me be honest, I didn’t NEED it. I’m just spoiled and didn’t feel like being the only one doing all the work here, so I bailed. It was a day well spent if I do say so myself. My weekend was filled with errands. While everyone else was clubbing Friday night, I was at Wal-mart with my mom walking up and down each aisle trying to figure out what I can afford to get this week and what will have to wait. Afterwards, I had to spend half of my freshly cut check to pay one of my bills.

Boo!

I mean, I’m glad I had the money to pay it, but I SURE didn’t wanna come off that money. Man! A sista could’ve really used that in other places. I still haven’t received my stimulus check or my federal taxes back and I’m beginning to wonder if I’m going to ever see either. I’m not default on my loans…yet. So I don’t see what the hold up is.

Saturday I woke up all early (well 10 is early for me on a Saturday) and started moving stuff out of my room. It’s been two months now since I’ve been back home and our air conditioner is STILL not working!! Three of us WITH JOBS are living there and we can’t collectively come up with the money to buy a new unit. Dang times are hard.
So I told my dad last week that I think it would be more beneficial to me if I moved my bedroom stuff around to maximize the air flow from my bedroom window. Thing is, I have a lot of ish in my bedroom. REALLY HEAVY ish! It took my dad and I about 5 hours to rearrange my room to my liking. It looks like a different place! Even my old rinky dink mattress felt better that night.
Sure enough, my room has been much cooler. I even created a little “reading corner” in the far left corner or my room complete with a bookshelf and pictures. My favorite recliner chair is perched perfectly by my bedroom window. It’s divine. If I stare out the window really hard, I can almost forget that I’m at my parents house and dream of my old place.

My Saturday night was cool. My cousin turned 2 so I went to his lil b-day party at my aunt’s house. I was handed a pina colada upon entering and forgot that it was lil-man’s party for a good 30 minutes. Seriously, it was about 6 kids…and 30 adults. The kids were running around squirting their water guns while the adults drank margaritas, watched College Hill, listened to music and played spades. This was the first BBQ I attended this year that Usher didn’t accompany me to. We seem to go to one every week. My family loves to Que. He was pulling in his 3rd -12 hour shift for the week and was dog tired when he got off. Poor baby couldn’t do anything but eat, shower, and go straight to sleep, only to be up Sunday morning to do it all again. I have no idea why he wanted a manual labor job. It’s too hot to be doing all that. I think he sees that now. But he doesn’t care. He has his eyes still set on working in Afg.anistan. He finally got a call back from one of the companies I applied him for and he passed all of the checks/tests/etc. He called me this morning to tell me that his package will be coming in the mail this week and all he has to do now is wait for his passport to come in and he’ll be off within that week.

I’m sooo scared.


He’s sooooo excited though. Like, he’s already talking about what he’s going to do when he comes back next year and how I’ll be sooo happy he took this job. I swear he’s spent his whole salary there and he hasn’t even gotten his little acceptance package yet. Honestly, if it was anywhere but Afganistan, (or Iraq) I’d be happy too. But I’m very nervous. And it makes me even more nervous because he doesn’t seem to be the least bit concerned about the conditions there. I don’t know why that concerns me but it does. I love my Usher and the last thing I want is for something to happen to him. I do realize something can happen to him right here in America. But I dunno. I guess I fear the unknown. And he’ll be sooooo far away. *sigh*

Besides that, I think it would be a good experience for him. What he’ll make there, would take him forever to make here. And it’s only a year. Plus it will keep him out of trouble....and there he can't smoke. It has it's benefits. Wait, I’m getting ahead of myself. Nothing is set in stone yet. I wanna be happy for him really…and I am, but I’m really nervous too. We’ll see huh?

Father’s Day was cool. I took my dad to Red Lobster and bought him a few things. He was content, so I’m good. The rest of the day was a blur. I decided after dinner that I was taking Monday off. I went to Usher’s after he got off and we watched The Finals together. It was then that we decided to go to the zoo the next day.

I slept to my hearts content Monday morning. It felt soooooo good not to get up before daylight. I opened my eyes to a bright sunny room and it was great. The birds were chirping, the trees were whistling. Ahhhh what joy! I went to Usher’s and we headed to the zoo. As soon as we walked in I had to used the restroom. That is soooo me. *smh*

When I came out, I found Usher with two Raspberry Icee’s. He was chatting with a zoo employee who was showing him the map of where the Lions are. I sipped on my Icee when a guy walking towards us catch my eye. It was TD. Yes, TD…the guy who proposed to me by email. Yes, the guy who was sooo not good for me, but the chemistry was so magnetic. We locked eyes and recognized each other immediately. I totally forgot he worked at the zoo. A faint smile broke across his lips as he contemplated coming to hug me. Upon seeing Usher, he opted to just speak and keep it moving. I had no idea Usher even saw this exchange as he seemed engrossed in the conversation about the lions.

“Who was that gay dude you spoke to?”

*sigh* Usher thinks everyone’s gay. Lol

“That was TD.” I say nonchalantly

“T-D huh. Why do I remember that name?”

“Probably because that’s they guy I used to argue with all the time, and I told you when we first got together that our relationship reminded me of that one.”

“Oh yeah… or because that negro called you that time playing on the phone on new years.” He said.

“Yeah”. I said, thinking, Negro you know his name sounds familiar because it’s the same freaking name as YOUR ex wife. Lol

Anyways, we walked in the HOT HEAT of Atlanta, looking at the animals who were all hiding from us somewhere in the shade and realized that the zoo is definitely not as fun as it used to be.

After walking around for a few hours, we hightail it back to his place, where the AC was kicking, and plopped on the parallel sofas.

Next thing I know, it’s late and we’re hungry. We eat, cuddle, and plan out today’s adventures. This evening we have to pick his Grandmother up from the airport and drive her 2.5 hours to Augusta. Only to turn around and come right back. This wouldn’t be so bad if her plane didn’t land at 9pm. By the time we get back it will be well after midnight and I have to be up at 5am. Boooo! But it’s all good. Just more time to spend with Usher before he’s away for a year. So that’s what’s goinz on in my world.

Alrighty….guess I really need to get crackin on my work. Later.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...