Friday, June 27, 2008

Here and there

Stealing
One of my favorite bloggers from a few years back used to categorize his posts like this. I used to think it was soooo cute and clever. Now, with me being such a rambler/subject jumper, I can definitely see how this is functional. So I figured I'd steal his format for today. :)

Venting
So today is payday and I've spent my check already and have about $100 to live off of for the next two weeks. Once I get gas and splurge on lunch today, that will probably be gone. I hate living check to check. It really sucks. And honestly I'm starting to resent Usher for it. Of course the only reason I have only $100 left after paying everything is because I'm including his rent in my "bills" for this pay period. His inability to keep a job is really putting a big wedge in our relationship. And I do realize that this time it isn't his fault, but because it's happened soooo many times already, I'm just getting sick of it. I want to tell him that this is the last time I'll help him in this capacity, but am not quite sure how to put it delicately enough to not hurt his lil male ego, but firm enough that he knows that I'm for real and he better get his tail back on the grind.
Any suggestions?

Mourning
Usher's best friend Neno, lost his grandmother this week. Even hearing this bit of news, especially with all of the other things going on, made me instantly sad. I've lost both grandmothers in the past few years and know how much that can affect a person. I planned to send a card to him because I just didn't know what to say. It's always awkward when someone loses a loved one. What do you say to them? I know that people meant well when I lost my loved ones, but really, they said nothing that made me feel any better. It was just the thought of them trying to relate that made everything better. The funeral is in Augusta today and both Usher and Neno are there. This made me think about my own grandomothers and how much I miss them. Death is crazy! I don't get it. RIP ya'll.


Hating
Is it wrong of me to kind of feel angry that Usher not only drove Neno to Augusta twice this week, but told me that I needed to call him to send my condolences, when Usher and I were together when MY grandmother died and he neither came to the funeral, nor asked Neno to call me to send his condolences? Is that petty? Probably so, but I kind of got offended at the whole thing. I'm your girl. I just lost my gramma. And on the day of the funeral, you are at your house playing cards WITH Neno and your other friends and all I got was a "Call me when you get out of the funeral." He didn't offer to come. He didn't offer to drive me. He didn't give orders for Neno to send his condolences. So why do I have to? Now I mean, I'm still going to do it because it's just right, but it pissed me off that he seemed to care more about his friend than me. I swear Usher is walking on thin ice.


Losing
Dang if the doggone IRS don't just cut me a new check and gimme my friggin money oooooowww oooo! I guess that would be too much like right huh? As bad as I need my money, they better be glad I've only called twice. I started trying to trace my checks a few weeks ago, only to read that I have to wait 30 days after they mailed my check before they can even send me paper work to trace my checks. With their reasoning being that it could show up any day now. Now I know good a well that it don't take but 3-7 business days for anything to get anywhere in the US, but I just went ahead and let it slide. I've been waiting and waiting. Checking the mail EVERYDAY for my refund and stimulus check. I've seen my parents get it, friends get it...co-workers get it. Hell, even my friends dog had a lil 5 in his mouth. I'm like, "where's my money?" I got stuff I need to do with it. So I finally get to my 30 day mark this week and call IRS up. They tell me they mailed my check to my old apartment...without having which apartment number I lived in on it. *insert cuss words here*
Why couldn't they tell me this ISH online when I looked weeks ago. They be on that bull for real!
So I ask them if they got a return on those checks to which they replied "No." So now I have to wait 10-15 business days for a form to sign and return back so that the IRS can trace the freakin checks. Again, why the heck couldn't ya'll just mail me the form weeks ago so that when it get here and my 30 days are up, I can immediately send it back. Why we wasting time? Boy I swear! *sigh....wooooh-sahhhh*

Anyways, IF no one has cashed them, then they'll cut me another check within a few weeks after the trace is done. I have no idea why this process is so long. I swear this craziness only happens to me. My current address was on my paper work, so why the heck are they sending it to my old apt. anyways? And now I have to wait a2-3 weeks for some papers!!!! Sorry. I'm just soooo hot about this, I swear i'm bursting at the seams.

Thanking
But when I sat down and thought about it all, it's probably for the best. At least I'm getting my refund AND my stimulus check! Better late than never right? :) Plus this way, it should be here right in time for my Birthday. And because of the delay, Usher and my mom have kind of forgotten about it. Yes! I may just get to spend these checks all by myself. Isn't that a lovely thought? Oh would I be so lucky???


Believing
My cousin is OUT of the hospital! Wow! And only a day after she predicted. She went home yesterday. And though she's still very sore and fatigued, she's having normal bowel movements, and she doesn't need constant pain meds anymore. What a blessing! She still doesn't know about the cancer, but she's doing better than anyone imagined her to do with the colon/intestines surgery already. I'm so grateful! Thanks God. He fixed this, He can fix the cancer thing too. Keep her in your prayers please! She had big victory already, but there's still more trials to overcome.

Excercising
I started walking this week. As you can tell, alot has happened this past week. lol I've always heard how exercise helps to reduce stress and yada yada. *rolling eyes* So I tagged along when my dad went running at a local track. The first day I walked a mile and ran around the curve of the track. Whut? That's good for me. Sway doesn't run mmmkay? Plus a sista was tired after all that power walking. But after looking at my dad and friends who've dropped 3984390843 pounds by just running, I got the revelation that I need to gone and try.

By yesterday I was up to 2 miles. Walking that is. lol But I did run around the track once. That's better than I thought I could do. I've mastered running with just enough bounce that my girls won't be jumping all over the place. I figure if I keep building up, I may have some running bones in my body after all. I'll keep ya posted.


Lata!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sway... I'm gonna need you to e-file for your taxes next time! It takes a much shorter time for you to get your tax return. This way you can get it and spend it before anyone even realizes it was on the way. LOL

Good going with the exercising! Keep it up girl. =)

Glad to hear about your cousin. I'll pray for her too.

Anonymous said...

Keep up with the exercising, it does help tremendously. Ever since I started (again!?) I feel so much better, I have energy, I get a good nights sleep ane wake up refreshed.

You are a very good woman. I hope Usher realizes this. May God continue to bless you.

Anonymous said...

Rece- gurl you ain't neva lying! lol I will definitely e-file next year. Believe that! :)

TJeanise- Girl, I don't think I can stop excercising now that I've involved my dad. As soon as I walk in the door he's got his old man gym socks on ready to push me right back out the door to run. lol

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...