Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WOW!

So your girl has been on the grind. I forgot that I wouldn't really have time to blog again last week because I went to a 3-day work conference after Usher and my tiring trip to Augusta. I must say, hosting a conference in your home town requires a lot more work than being a co-host in another city. I was up at 4:50am every morning and didn't retire to my hotel room until around 8pm. Those are definitely long working hours for me. I was so happy friday afternoon to find myself in my own crusty bed with no alarm set to wake me up anytime soon. That is, until my phone started ringing. Usher was calling me to tell me about his day. I swear it really is always something with this man. He lost this new job on wednesday because he had to go to court for the craziness that happened at his last real job. Apparently, the court sent the court date information to his old address and it bounced back to them as undeliverable. Instead of calling him or looking up his new address, they held on to the letter. Of course that means that Usher had no idea when his court date was. It just so happens that the bail people gave both he and I (since I was the one to bail him out when he turned himself in...remember?)a courtesy call letting us know on Tuesday that his court date was set for Wednesday. So Usher immediately calls his job to tell them, but they inform him that because he didn't give a 24 hour notice, he will be terminated from his assignment there. They have a strict policy for their 90-day probationary period and since Usher wasn't a direct hire yet (he came to them from another agency) the law about not firing someone for having to appear in court was null and void. SHOOT!! So he's looking for a job AGAIN!! Of course rent is due next week and guess who's gonna have to hear all the whining about it all? Yup. Me.

Not to mention that my parents got a call on Saturday saying that one of my cousins was in the hospital in critical condition. This is the same cousin who had a crash a few years back and her insides shifted to the opposite side of her body causing major problems (like her bowels coming out of her body) and ending in surgery. Well, the problem apparently continues. They had to do surgery on her intestines and colon again, but this time, they saw a few tumors in her pelvic area. They told her mom that it appears to be cancer and there's not much they can do for her. Because of her co-morbidities, the doctors haven't told my cousin she has cancer yet. But everyone else in the family know. Isn't that crazy?
We went to see her on Sunday and she looked very good considering all that's wrong with her. She was lively and talking about having faith to believe she'll be back home in 4 days. I looked at my aunt (her mom) and saw a tear in the well of her eye. She knew her daughter wasn't going home in a few days. It was very sad to know something about someone that they themselves don't know. My prayer is that she doesn't give up hope even when she finds out the second set of bad news in a month.

Life is full of surprises. Hopefully her surprise will be a miracle instead of a tragedy. She's only 45 and has so much more life to live.

I have more to talk about, but I'll have to come back another time. Hopefully I wont forget. Later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh mannnn... Sorry to hear about your cousin and Usher. Just when things were going well. Blah!

Anonymous said...

Dang Usher! Hopefully he will find something soon. That is awful about your cousin-I really hope she can get through this.

The Vice Prizzle said...

OMG at the surgery

Sway said...

rece - Thanks girl. Hopefully this will all work out SOON!

tjeanise - Thanks lady!

the vice prizzle - I know right? it's crazy.

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...