Friday, March 03, 2006

Ode to a friend... (u know who u are)

It's been 3 days, 10 hours, and 32 minutes since I last spoke with you...
I've never been good with goodbyes, it's something i'd rather not do.

There were no hugs exchanged, no glances back to see if the other was walking away.
No akward silences or merciless begging to make the other one stay...

Just a little while longer.

We've only been best friends for less than 2 months,
but now that you're gone, I'm not even gonna front...

I miss you.

Our reason for separation is vaild and i understand...
I know you have to let me go in order to be her man.

And that's cool. I like her. I think she's good for you.
It's just that i didn't realize what your going away would do...

to me.

You see, dates are a dime a dozen... i can kick with any guy

but a true friend like you... they're so very hard to come by

But i wish you well, I pray for your happiness, love, and peace

And with these few words, and a few extra tears, from you i'm finally released...

Goodbye you. *hug*

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...