Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday

Goooooooooood Morning! *sipping on some sugar with a little coffee in it*

It's about 9 am and I've already walked a 1/2 mile, balanced my transactions online, took a nap, ate, found out that it was national take off work day at my job (or so it seems), looked at a few of my favorite sites, updated my personal calendar and checked all my messages and emails. Whew! I guess vitamins do work. My mom has been telling me for about 5 years to take them, but I'm stubborn. It's not that I didn't want to, it's just...i dunno. I'm lazy and I forget. *shrug* But I'm now sold. I'm super crunk this morning and I must contribuite it to my vitamins! I guess the coffee helped too. :)

Anywho, *taking a small sip of water*. Nothing much to report here in the land of Sway. I've embraced my ghetto-ness alot more lately. I made my own pillowtop mattress by stuffing a bunch of pillows between my mattress and a foam topping. *smh*It actually makes that old mattress tolerable. It'll last me until I can afford to buy a new one. My parents still aren't used to the pillowtop set I gave them. My mom complains that it's too soft.

" Girl, how could you sleep on that. It's like you just sinking into the mattress."

Oh how I miss that!

She's gotten a little more used to it, but I don't think it's for everyone. She probably needs something a little more firm. That's good. At least I know I won't have a problem getting my mattress back when I move again. lol

My friend of 20 years hit me up this weekend to sucker, err... i mean ask me to come to her debut Mary Kay (MK) party. I knew that meant she wanted me to buy something. Since she's 8 months pregnant and have been having a pretty rough financial time, I felt guilty not getting SOMETHING. But the truth is... I don't really like MK stuff. I know about 3094839843.47 consultants and they all want me to buy stuff from them. The only thing I did like from MK was this body mist that they have discontinued. But never the less, I felt I should support her. I ended up buying the hand cream/exfoliant/moisterizer stuff. It was the only thing I was kinda impressed with during the whole "testing the products" spill. Since it was her birthday as well, we ate and sat around and chatted for a few hours after the other MK consultant left. After a while my right hand started itching really badly. I absentmindedly scratched at it, but it continued to itch. Even burned a little. I looked down at my hand and noticed that the entire back side of my hand was fire red, and tiny bumps filled its surface.

Man! Apparently I'm allergic to something we tested on our hands. I go to the restroom to wash my hands in hopes that it would cool the burning and stop the reaction. The cool water felt good to my hands. But once I finished, it still burned. I ended up wrapping a cold damp cloth across my hand like a bandage and eventually the itching and burning subsided. I hate MK. Hopefully it wasn't the hand cream that caused the reaction since I've already put in my order for that.

I spent the night at Usher's that night. It's good to be on the same side of town as everyone again. He lives about 15 min away from me, and 9 min away from my friend of 20 years.

Like an old couple, we spent our night watching movies, rubbing each others hair and arms, and exchanging riddles. I skipped Church again. I know this isn't good, especially because I don't feel bad about it. All the more reason why my tail need to find a good Church home.

It felt good to sleep in though. It felt even better to not be at my parents' house. For a minute, it felt like old times. I love sleeping with Usher. He's one of those people who like to continuously touch during the night. Not cuddle per se...because when you're really trying to get some sleep, the LAST thing you wanna do is cuddle. But he'll hold my hand, or put his foot or arm across mine, or put his back to mine. As long as we're touching in some way throughout the night...he's fine. I kind of like it. It's a constant reminder that someone is there. I'm sure he's not that fond of sleeping with me though. I snore. lol

We woke up around noon and I immediately hogged the bathroom. It takes me a lot longer to primp, so I had to get started. I got tickets from a co-worker to Tyler Perry's play, The Marriage Counselor and asked Usher if he wanted to go. It was something we don't do much, so I figured it would be a nice change from our usual dinner dates. We got to the FOX Theatre in enough time to scout out the cheapest but closest parking spaces and settled on a lot that was about $8.00. That was so much better than the $20 we were about to pay.

He walks around to my side of the car and I get a really good look at him. His stunner shades, bling, and fresh hair cut complimented his cream linen shirt and dark slacks, which he fills out quite nicely. I've always liked his build. I like that he towers over me so large and assured. It makes me feel so small and dainty. So girly and protected. Usher looked really nice and I made sure I told him so.

"You usually look like a rapper. Today...you're definitely giving me the R&B vibe." I joked.

The play was good. I could tell Usher was a little restless during the singing parts. Not that the people couldn't sing...it's just that he gets bored quickly. During the intermissions, he was the first one on his feet asking me if I wanted anything from the concession stand. I could tell he needed something to do. He spent $43 on junk food there. He's crazy! lol

The rest of the day went okay. I kinda messed up our chill vibe because I needed to get some things off my chest. Of course it was about finances. I swear he and my mother are two of a kind. I was hoping he didn't take the things I said to him the wrong way, but it needed to be said. He was a good sport about it, but at times the conversation got a little emotional for us both. I had to tell him how I felt about what I mentioned in my last post. I was really hurt about him borrowing money and paying everything and everyone else off/back but me. We talked about it, I explained my side. He explained his. We ended the convo with a big hug. No love was lost.

Sometimes I have bad timing. I probably should have saved the convo for another day. I hate spending the last few hours like that instead of curled up on the couch eating ice cream. Nevertheless, it needed to be said, and I feel a big weight lifted now that he knows what was going on inside.

Well It's now 10:30. I've manage to stop a billion times during this post to chat it up with the few co-workers that did decide to come on in. Hopefully you've noticed that in all the things I've done, WORK was not mentioned. I guess now is as good a time as any to start on some though. I pray that this week goes smoothly! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...