Thursday, April 24, 2008

I ain't talkin 'bout nothin

Hey ya'll. *smacking on some gum*

You ever feel like you have nothing to talk about, but still feel like posting something? Okay that's where I am today. I am sooooo not in the working mood, and fortunately for me, my work load is light. So I figured it would be a great time to just chit chat a little. Don't try to make since out of any of it cuz you'll probably make your head hurt.

Anyways... I'm sitting here listening to one of my favorite songs. When I say favorite, I mean until my new favorite comes out. And of course this has nothing to do with my favorite of all times, although if I don't get sick of it by the time it gets old, it may make it on my all time list, but that rarely happens. Aaaanywho... I love me some Falsetto. You know what... I love mostly all of the songs The Dream sings. He could sooooooo get the business. And I really don't even know how he looks. I never really paid attention to him like that. When his songs come on, I just close my eyes and let him work his magic. I don't know why I like his songs but I do. I mean his lyrics are suggestive and sometimes downright raunchy, but I guess it's true what they say, "It's not what you say, but how you say it". Delivery is everything. I'm in the office right now doing my cute chair dance and trying not to get too crunk. Fridays are my official crunk days. I'd straight stand up in the hallways and drop on 'em. And if they look at me crazy I'd just say Hey, it's friday, I can do that. But today is thursday, so I'll just sit and do my little hip wiggle. It'll work.

And speaking of songs, why can't I get this freakin crazy song out my head! Not falsetto, but this other ghetto one that they play on the radio everytime I get in my car after work. I would put money on them playing it in the 10 min it takes me to get from the Park & Ride to my house. Everyday! I hate this freakin song, yet I find myself unconsciously singing it sometimes.

Do you know how incredibly embarassing it is to burst out with "That baby don't look like me!" and then realize what you just said? It's a mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So my friend called me yesterday to ask me what I'll be cooking for our other friends baby shower. This is the 5th baby shower I've had to cook for this year....and it's only April. What is in the water down here? Why is everyone preggers? I'm gonna need everyone to take a step back from each other, get on some birth control and let a sista save some money! I'm tiiiiiide! Buying presents, making food, playing the games, going to the hospital.... I need a breather. Can everybody just stop with the chilluns for a while please? Thanks! I mean Sway loves the kids but dang... let's try to coordinate this a little better. I'll make a calendar and ya'll can sign up for when ya'll want to have some chirren. K? K.

Oh and speaking of the pregnant friend whom we're having the shower for, this is the same one that just got married in Sept of last year. I'm still not caught up with all the money I spent for the wedding. Anywho... her name is DG. Now, we've known each other for about 13 years. We didn't become friends though until maybe 6 years ago. But during that time, we really got close. I considered her one of my best friends. My mom had always told me that DG was some-timey and haughty. I never noticed it until after she got engaged. She started changing a bit. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. I know how hectic planning a wedding can be and her life was changing fast. I figured her new stand-offish, quiet aura was attributed to her being so preoccupied with that. Then the wedding came and went. She was still acting brand new. It was no more hugs and fun chats, no calls or emails. She even "forgot" to initially invite me to her birthday party. I didn't realize this until our other friend (mentioned above) told me. I was like....okay heffa. The only time she speaks now is if she needs something. Like now, she's saying hello when she sees me because she wants me to buy her baby a present.

I will because it's not the baby's fault, but dang why are people like that?

Anyways...talking about her just ruined my whole crunk vibe. I stopped chair dancing and everything.

Lemme go find "I luv your girl" and get my groove back. Later!

1 comment:

wanda1234 said...

thanks for sharing...

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...