Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Storm's here...

You ever ask a question you didn’t really want to know the answer to? Ever make a statement and immediately wish you could retract it? Well… that’s me right now… hoping that nothing more comes up. I am glad to report that no one died… but wow has this week been one big worry case after another.

It happened just like in my dream…back to back to back…but WHAT happened was different. Right after I finished my blog about hoping this isn’t the “calm before the storm”, it hit.

I got a call the next morning saying that my cousin was being rushed to the hospital because she was unconscious.

Unconscious? Huh.

I asked them what happened and no one could really say, everyone said that it looked like she had a seizure and blanked out. Once they got her to the hospital, the doctor said that she had a migraine induced stroke.

Stroke?

At 25?

Dang.
I love my cousin. She’s more like my little sister, so it hit me really hard for her to be going through this.

Thankfully, God saw fit to heal her…and she’s recovering fine at home. *whew*

The next day, my friend calls to tell me that his car was stolen. His laptop, work stuff, church stuff…everything was in there. So far, it still hasn’t been recovered.

The day after that, Usher hydroplanes and crashes his car during our hurricane-like rain.
He had NO seatbelt on...so he was ejected from his seat.
But to God be the glory... he's alive.

So we get him checked out and ER suggests that he takes Monday off. He tells his job, and they aren't happy about him not being there... *sigh* Yeah he told them what happened, but these butt holes don't seem to care. So he had to deal with that today. But at least he still has a job. *sigh*
One of my good friends just lost her job. So she’s calling me crying and panicking about how she’s gonna make it.

I’m trying to be there for everyone…but I’m tired. And sad. I think about how many of these people would come help me if the roles were reversed. I think about how everything is happening all around me…to people I love. I think of what if the stroke took my cousin out, what if my friend was kidnapped with the stolen car, what if the crash was Usher’s final day here..
I couldn’t stop crying.
I was sad that this week people I love almost died...
But soooo very grateful that they didn’t.
I’ve already lost so much this year, I don’t think I could handle any more grief.
So… *sigh*
Lord, please… let the rest of this year go smoothly.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...