Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It was the best of times...

Yay!
It’s Wednesday and I’m not broke! I survived the birthday weekend with gas money to spare. *whew* I enjoyed every minute of my weekend you guys. I think I enjoyed their birthday more than I did my own.

Both my mom and Usher are very high strung individuals…each requesting to have their every demand and whim catered to. Royalty in their own right…. or shall I say, in their own minds. *sheesh* Those two know they can play the boss.

They weren’t too too bad this year though. Moms wanted a suit from this boutique she frequents, so shopping for her wasn’t time consuming. It usually isn’t. She hates surprises. She’s the type that will take you to all her favorite shops and pick out what she wants you to buy her. *shrug*
It works for me. I just save (since she loves expensive stuff) and then when I get the money, I waltz in and out within minutes.

This year, we took her to Maggiano’s. It was definitely a treat since I hadn’t been since my birthday last year. To me, Maggiano’s is the kind of place you go with a nice crowd. So of course we invited all the family and her friends. My mother actually wanted Usher to come, but he had to work.
Um...Is it wrong for me to feel a little relieved that he wasn’t able to come? I mean, it wasn’t that I don’t like him around my family, it’s just that… I dunno…I’m afraid he’s gonna say something that’s gonna turn my parents completely off. Usher is known for his brutal honesty and he holds nothing back… so I guess the less he’s around them, the less he has a chance to ruin the pretty nice impression they have of him. Plus, every since bringing TG around and him doing what he did, I feel a little silly/stupid. I don’t wanna start bringing Usher around all the time, then we break up and have to feel that same way again. I think that’s the real reason. I just don’t wanna get too comfortable thinking he’s gonna be there…and then have to explain to everyone why we aren’t together. I HATE that.

Anyway, since I didn’t see him Saturday, I made up for it the next two days.The rest of the weekend was all Usher. Since his b-day fell on Monday, he started partying Saturday night and didn’t stop until yesterday morning.
Sunday I got to his place after service around 10am and of course he was still lounging around in the bed talking about how messed up he had got the night before. I’m looking around like… homeboy, did a tornado hit your house?
2-liter coke bottles, doritos bags, plastic cups, a pizza box, cigarillo wrappers, and a bottle of almost finished Hennessey peppered his carpet.
This child really did enjoy his doggone self last night.

So we…(read: I) start cleaning up his bedroom cuz I couldn’t even think with all that mess on the floor. By the time I was finished, he was up and showered and ready to get into more trouble. A few of his friends came through and I had to endure that awful Madden game he plays every doggone day. (Okay...so it’s not that bad, but I promise you, if we ever get to the point where we live together, I could definitely see myself getting mad one day and hiding that doggone game.) I cheer him on and watch him slaughter his friend then I told them all that they need to get out so the birthday boy and I can have a little "us" time.

Okay so i didn't say that... but I looked at Usher and he knew what time it was...so he said it for me. lol

We went to his parents’ house around 5. I’d been there twice before, but this time I was a little nervous. I’m sure it had EVERYTHING to do with the fact that he wanted me to sing for them today. Blech! I love to sing…but a sista gets so nervous singing around folks. Especially HIS folks….who will talk about you to your face if you hit a wrong note. *smh*
It worked out though. He must have hyped me up cuz as soon as we hit the door, his daddy hugs me and yells…"aight Sway, get ‘ta sangin. Lemme here whatchu got"

We all burst in to laughter but pops was serious as a heart attack. lol Seeing how I’m shy, I held Usher’s hand for the whole song and even closed my eyes so I didn’t see the 6 of them just staring at me. I ended the song and opened my eyes just in time to see Usher’s daddy dabbing a napkin at his right eye.

“Awwww…you made my daddy cry.” Usher teases me as he kiss my cheek as to tell me thanks and starts to brag to the fellas how his girl is "all the way live." lol *whew* That’s finally done. Now I’m ready to eat!

His momma was straight working that kitchen. Mmmmm … is that fried tilapia, cheese grits, eggs, potato salad, mac and cheese, and deviled eggs I see? Cl-lawd have mercy!
This some down home, country cooking hurrrr! I was so excited. I stuffed myself til I couldn’t stuff anymore…then ate some more! lol

We stayed around there after dinner for a few hours. The men folk went downstairs and talked that trash while betting on a few games of Tunk. His mother, sister and I sat in the kitchen talking about their crazy behinds, and eventually went down to join in the festivities. I think Usher ended up winning a whopping $8 dollars. lol

We headed back to his place and Lord knows I wanted to just stay right there with him. We both had put in our request for time off on Monday, so I was in no rush to go to bed.
Around 3:30 that morning, we were able to tear ourselves away from each other and I sleepily drove home…only to be back at his house around noon.

“Happy Birthday honey!” I screamed while jumping into his arms as he opened his door. After greeting me with his bear hug and kiss, I figured I’d go ahead and get started on his birthday cake.

He and his roommate (who happens to be his cousin…and who’s birthday also happens to be that that day) kinda lurked around the kitchen waiting for me to finish with the cake.

“I hope it tastes better than it looks” Usher chimes while watching me smooth on the icing.

Oh, I KNOW he didn't...

I glare at him.

I look at the cake...*chuckle* he’s right…this is the ugliest cake I’ve ever made. lol I don’t know what it is about cooking in someone else’s kitchen but I can never get stuff right if I’m not at home.

“It’ll taste fine Thankyouverymuch!”


I pick at it for a little while longer and finally give up on it’s aesthetic appearance. “Alright I’m done!” I sigh.

He looks at it and sighs, paces back and forth, rolls his neck and shoulders... like he’s about to do something amazing and says… “K, I’mma taste it”.

Boy stop! If you don’t eat this doggone cake and stop being so dramatic! lol

He takes one bite and his eyes roll back a little.

“Mmmmm… it’s so moooist!”

“I know. I told you I'd hook u up baby!” I smirk. *whew* I was 'shole glad it still tasted good.

The rest of his birthday was a big blur. We did so much, and I was tired when I got back home. All in all it was a good weekend. :)

And then........

the Bull$#!+ began.

Next blog: "It was the worst of times: Deja Vu"

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...