Friday, April 09, 2004

Update III

Okay... hopefully today I will have tied up ALL loose ends from my 4.5 months of blogging. Dang has it really been that long? I've never stuck with any 1 thing for that long. (except for men, but that's quite different) Hmmm... I am gonna give myself a pat on the back for learning consistency. Wooo-hooo.

Anywho...on to the last 2.

1. BS

I was telling you yesterday about my cousin and her pregnancy fiasco. I also told you about how EVERY female I know be trying to hook me up with somebody. Well my cousin is no exception. Her and boyfriend decided to hook me up with one of his friends. HIS friend!!! Um, no disrespect...but ah... no thank you. If boyfriend is a no good so and so, should I assume his friend isn't??? Is that what we're doing now??? Ha. Whateva...

Anyway, they decided to pull a fast one on me. Now of course they told HIM that they were gonna hook him up with me... but my cousin, knowing how I am, told me that there is this friend of HERS that's going through a rough time in his life and he needs someone to talk to. See my cousin knows that I am all about helping/counseling/listening to ppl and providing a shoulder to cry on. (I guess I am fulfilling my destiny...my name literally translates to "Lady of Consulation") Anywho... so she says to me,

"I gave him your number but I wanted to let you know before he called so you wouldn't be surprised. He just needs someone to talk to and someone who can be a good friend while he's going through his drama..."

So I'm like, okay cool. I can do that. So when he calls, you know, I'm thinking that this is just a casual friendly kinda convo. I figured he would wanna chat about general stuff before pouring his heart to me since that's what most ppl do in my experience. Everyone tells me that I am VERY easy to talk to, and again this was proven b/c before we hung up that night, he had pretty much told me everything he was going through, feeling, doing, etc. I felt like I did a good job helping him, so I went to bed satisfied. He on the other hand thought that we were some kind of match made in heaven and so he DEFINITELY went to bed satisfied.
After we spoke a few times, he expressed an interest in getting together and just hanging out. I didn't have a problem with that. After all, it was around the time that AM and I were going through our "rededication" phase...and I was glad to do anything to get my mind off of him and Vicki-Jo. Anyway, one friday after work I meet him at his house so that we could take one car to dinner and get our talk on. I never thought of it as a date. In fact, I was straight casual. Jeans, tan/gold shirt and some tan boots. Nothing spectacular at all. I didn't think I needed to be. Anyways, he thought that I looked great. (i was thinking...if this is great, then what would he do if i actually dressed up??) I said thanks...and we ended up going to Copelands.

I finally figured out it was a date when his questions became more and more direct and personal. I tried to brush them off...but he was extremely persistent in his quest to get answers. He was pretty much awed by me...and usually that's a good thing, but I honestly didn't like BS in that way. The convo was good, he's a nice guy and all, but there is NO attraction whatsoever on my end. By the end of the night, he was about ready to marry me.. *lol* (no really, i'm not joking) He became more and more "husband-like" towards me. I mean, his actions were really sweet, and if a man I WAS interested in did the things that BS did, then I would be "crazy in love" by now.

For instance, he calls me everyday now. ...(and most of the time I don't answer because one... he wanna talk for the entire 1.5 hours I'm sitting in traffic, running up my doggone cell phone bill and two... I just don't wanna talk to him. Leave me alone!!!)
So when I do answer, I tell him, "Well B, I can't talk for long b/c I don't wanna go over my minutes" How about this doggone brotha told me, "Well Sway, how about I put you on my plan and just pay for your phone so that we can talk all the time and we don't have to worry about your minutes?"

I mean, that was sweet... but dang. Bro, I just met you last week!! Now you wanna put your name on my celly? So whenever I call my other guys YOUR name will pop up? Ha... whateva slick.

Okay another nice, but "no thanks" thing he wanted to do. He always gives me gas money to fill my car up when I visit him (which has only been 3x's...the 3rd time was sunday and i'll tell you about that). One day he drove my car to the gas station to fill it up b/c he didn't have any cash on him, and while we were in the car he said "Hmmm. You need some brakes. How about you come over saturday and I'll take your car to get some brakes, an oil change, and a tune-up?" I was like...dang...if only AM, or RH would say something like that to me.

I just couldn't let him do all this nice stuff for me b/c I knew I didn't like him like that and I didn't want to lead him on. Letting him take the "boyfriend/husband" role was just NOT happening...even though there would have been some great benefits to it.

Now it really got weird b/c I stopped accepting his calls and all when I realized he wasn't trying to understand that I just DONT WANNA DATE HIM. He'd call back to back to back to back. Then make his # private as if I didn't know it was him calling for the 30th time.

Now to top it all of, I made the mistake of telling him that I am heavily into the church, so now he's trying to work the Church angle with me. He's all of a sudden "very interested in God" so I have to go and pick him up for church. (Of course I wouldn't deny him that....Even though I have my "assumptions" about his motive, I can't judge him, nor do I know if he's sincere or not...)

I already told ya'll how my nosey friends are... they are matchmakers by nature...so of course when I walked in church Sunday with him trailing behind me.... heads started a-turnin' *lol* Of course I was SO embarrassed b/c they were all looking like... "dang she took a step down huh?" Well maybe they weren't thinking that. Maybe it was my imagination. Either way, I was trying to get as far away from him as possible. What if Bimp sees us together and thinks he's my boyfriend?? NOT a good thing!!

I tried to do damage control by telling my friend AW to make sure Bimp knew that BS was JUST a friend. Everyone still seems to think Bimp is interested in me but I dunno. I mean,
yes I can tell there's a mutual attraction there by the way we look at each other and pretend we're too busy in stimulating convo with other ppl to actually realize we're all in each others mouths. He's stubborn and so am I. I guess he talks to everyone else about his feelings b/c they all seem to really think he's diggin me. We shall see. I'm sure I'll see him tonight at our Good Friday service.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...