Thursday, April 29, 2004

Much ado about nothing..

Sway on a haphazard-shakespearean tip...


I don't know why so many things are swimming around in my head. None of which I could make a successful complete thought, let alone blog out of... so i figure i'd just jumble them all together and call it a day.

AS YOU LIKE IT

* Mike Bibby is sooooooo wonderful. I think I'm in looooove. He just has this "cross me the wrong way and i'll cut ya" look about him. He's not the type of guy I'd see once and go gaga over him, but the way that man plays ball just makes me drool. There's no secret that I am a Kings fan. Have been since Bibby joined the team. I mean, everyone's on Webber's shorts or whatnot.. and I give him his props.. Webber is good...but I think Bibby got mad skills. Man, he's almost always on point with his. He has great ball handle... and it seems like everything he throws up is gold. He can be falling down from a trip over his own feet and get nothing but net! Mike's the man! I will be looking at the Kings/Mavericks game tonight. Go Kings!!

ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL

* I almost died yesterday. No really, I did. I'm always complaining about sitting in traffic for 3 hrs a day. Well in the morning, the bulk of my time and the traffic is on Wesley Chapel Rd. in Decatur... I mean, it's ridiculous how long it takes me to get off that one crazy street. Well yesterday morning, I was jammin to my tunes as usual and I was trying to get on Wesley Chapel from the gas station. So the light turns green and this lady slows down to let me in front of her. I wave and all and try to turn right onto the street. Well this friggin white car comes out of the other lane and zooms halfway into my lane thinking that he could beat me. When I say that this car was an eyelash away from me, I am really not joking.
I NEVER hunk my horn, but I layed on that horn for a good 2 days for this one! I couldn't believe it! He was going so friggin fast he left skid marks on the street from stoppin so abruptly. My heart jumped in my throat and stayed there. I just knew I was a goner. But God's grace kept me here yet again. It's amazing b/c last night's Bible study was about Timing. This guy from Kenya spoke on how we don't die before our Time... where time is equivalent to our misison and purpose in life. If we have something we are supposed to do and fulfill, then God will give us time to do that. He was saying that God transcends time itself, yet He gives us an allotted amount of time here on earth and within that time we have, there is a such thing as timing...and timing is everything. (okay he said it way more eloquent...)

Anywho. I was at first very relieved that I was alive and I thanked God for it... but then I kinda got mad at the IDIOT who almost took my life...and his too. Our eyes locked the instant we both stopped and smoke simmered off the ground from where his tires skimmed the street. Even in my seconds of panic, awe, and relief, and anger... I recognized him...and I know he recognized me too. It was Darryl.
Yup Darryl Allen... from MISTA. I always wondered what he was up to. Now I know. He's just going around trying to kill nice young women. We can't help it cause ya'll career went down faster than lil Kim on any man she sees. Ugh. That ish made me mad. Anyways, I'm thankful to be alive. So... all's well that ends well.


A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM

* I feel like "the kid" with all these weird dreams I've been having lately. Last night I drempt that I was married to John Stamos. Did you hear me?? I said JOHN STAMOS... wth???Why him? Anyway, me and John Stamos...well....a John Stamos midget to be exact. He was about 2 feet shorter than I was and was very sensitive about it. So me and mini John Stamos was married and all in love...chillin with each other in the bedroom one saturday afternoon when our doorbell rings.

My ex-fiance (who's married by the way) came to our mansion and demanded lil John Stamos to give me back. He claimed that lil John stole me and married me for my money. Of course lil John didn't like that so he starts kickin my ex in the shins and kept saying "she's my diamond and you can't have 'er. i got this a$$ now". So I hear all this noise and run downstairs to ask my lil hubby what was going on, then I saw my ex. By this time, he had lil John up in the air and when he saw me... he dropped lil John Stamos and moved quickly to the bottom of our stairs and proceded to proclaim his undying love for me. I just stood there in dumbfounded. I was looking at my lil john stamos on the ground hurt and my ex trying to propose to me again... then when I was about to answer him, I fall through the stairs and I'm at this concert somewhere way in the back... and I'm trying to see who's on stage but I can't. I'm like....jumping desperately trying to see who's on stage and what everyone was screaming at...and i finally climbed up on something and looked...
It turns out that it was me on stage.. (so i dunno who "the girl" looking at the concert was...even though I thought THAT was me... i dunno. it's a dream...i can be two ppl in my dream i guess. ) I was like...the 4th member of destiny's child and Beyonce and I were battling for the lead part... and we end up fighting. She beat my butt though.. Dang that girl was beating the stuffing out of me. I guess she wanted that lead part more than I did. lol. It was a weird, weird dream.

TWELFTH NIGHT


* We have to take diversity classes here at work. They feel that getting to know each other and our cultures will provide a better, positive-progressive workplace... I agree... but honestly, the classes don't help. I just like them b/c I get out of doing work for the first half of the day. Anywho... I was writing my name on our name cards to put on our desk...and I was thinking about something while I was writing... so I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing. When I snapped out of my daze, I looked at my name and I didn't recognize it. I mean, I had to actually make sure I spelled it right. I had...but it still looked foreign to me. I couldn't figure out why. I know I go by the name Sway these days, but dang... i thought that was some surreal ish. How do you not recognize your own name? I mean I stared at it for a good 2 minutes and it looked soooooo odd to me. What's that about?

Maybe I was having one of those unconscious identity crisis where I've changed sooo much from the person I was but never realized it until today. I dunno. I'm a psychology major. I over-analyze everything. Sometimes I do feel like two ppl though. I mean, there's one Sway, whose the crazy, i'm down for whateva...watch out world, silly type who seems to come out with really good friends and family...then there's the other Sway that I feel is the most dominant one...who's quiet, observant, overly stressed...behind the scenes making stuff happen, but never recognized...sweet, and compassionate. I wouldn't quite call them opposites...but they are significantly different and lately I think the former Sway, who friends have named "Keisha"... has been trapped inside since the "rededication" and she's begging to be free. She wants to get into something... hmmmmm. I think I should let her out more because when she forces her way out...she reaks havoc and that' s NOT good. Okay listen to what happened saturday.....

TAMING OF THE SHREW

*I was chillin with my pregnant cousin saturday. (she's five months by the way) ...and we were on our way back from my friend's house saturday night/sunday morning... and i was on the expressway trying to get over so that I could get on I-20 to go home. This "chica loca" in a black car wouldn't let me over. I had my blinker light on and everything... I was trying to be nice and all... and I even had my cousin stick her head out the window to ask the girl if she'd let us over so that we could merge onto the right expressway. She act like she couldn't see us. She didn't know that I was feeling a little "hood" that night, and Keisha ( my alter ego...lol) was begging to be free... and I think if anything would have jumped off... ya'll would have saw me on the Channel 5 news talking about, "well, she shouldn't have crossed me like that".
So anyway, I boldly cut in front of her since I felt she left me no choice. Of course she laid on her horn like she belonged on the 8th floor of Grady Hospital. Anyway... when she kept on blowing her horn, she made me mad.... so I had to break homegirl down. I know it wasn't the "Christian" thing to do...but i start slowing up and slapping on my brakes.. (ooooh i HATE when ppl do that to me...) and when she tried to go around, I'd move too or speed up so she couldn't go around. I made her stay behind me no matter what. haaaaaaaa. It was by far the meanest thing I've done in a while. She finally got around me... and when she did, she was so pissed she had her friend scream out the window "YOU STUPID B!%&$" ....

I let it go, because I didn't want to curse her out. I used to be a potty mouth back in the day.... and Keisha really wanted to shoot her a bird and chase after her with some fowl words...but I stayed cool. I probably stayed so cool also because i know i was in the wrong.. lol. Anyway, she sped off and left me in the dust.

About 3 exits down, there's a car trying to get over b/c the lane was running out and it was her. My vengeance came out... Fire was in my eyes *it was horrible*... so I casually sped up beside her and just looked at her. I wouldn't let her over and I wouldn't go fast enough so that she could get behind me either. It was mean. I know it. I finally sped off about an foot before her lane ran out. But not before I saw her defeated "uh-oh i done ran into a crazy, bout it, B... that will hurt me if i call her out her name again" look. when I passed, she got over with relief and didn't bother to follow me. I just had to tame that hothead. No one calls Sway a B and get away with it.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...