Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Ain't what it used to be....

I guess nothing lasts forever. While I knew this early on in life... the manifestation of this phrase is just coming around.
Everyone seems to think that change is good. I guess so...but I'm really mad about some changes... like the fact that i heard this morning on the Frank Ski Morning show that Outcast may be going their separate ways. What... da Cast??? How can that be? The FIRST CD I EVER BOUGHT was an Outcast CD. I loved all their stuff. Southernplayalistic....ATLiens....Aquemini...Stankonia... everything. I realize ppl must go their separate ways.. but dang.

"...Up s*** creek it's weak is the last quote/ That I want to hear
when i'm goin down when all's said and done/ And we got a new joe in town/
When the record player get to skippin and slowin down/ All ya'll can say is them niggas earned that crown" -- Outcast (Andre 3000), Rosa Parks

Indeed they did...


THEN....I'm also very unhappy because I spent most of my weekend and yesterday laying in my bed because my back decided that YOGA isn't something it's gonna tolerate from me. I have a slight case of scoliosis. Though it's not noticeable to most, I still feel the pain when I do something I shouldn't do... ie. YOGA.

My co-workers dragged me to this yoga class friday evening because I've been promising them I'd come to one of their workout sessions. It seems that everyone in my office has a health/weight complex but me...and by no means do I consider my health or weight "ideal"....it's just that... i guess i'm not fed up enough with my appearance to deprive myself of delicious food and force myself into various strenuous workouts. So, I get to the yoga class and i'm immediately sweating upon entering this small abode. I'm talking about these doggone people had the heater set on HELL.... really!! I knew then that this workout was gonna be a little much for me b/c Sway doesn't do heat! Anyway, I felt lightheaded during the workout...but I managed to get through an hour and 45 minutes worth of stretching, pulling, breathing, sweating, etc.. When it was over, I was tired, but I felt great! I was like, this is the best workout i've had in forever! And the good thing was that I felt like I could go out and hang with the young folk during the lock-in I had to chaparone that same night!! I'm out there playing basketball, dodgeball, tag...all that craziness with da kids...and feeling on top of the world. Of course I regreted this when I woke up saturday and I couldn't move with out this excruciating pain surging through my chest, back, shoulders, and arms. I KNOW for a fact that this would not have happened 5 years ago. I mean, it is ridiculously crazy how my body has changed over the years. Just last year (Sept '03) I had to take almost a week off of work after riding the "Superman ride at Six Flags". Apparently, the ride overexerted my muscles and gave me muscle spasms .... at least that's what the doctor told me when I had to be rushed to the ER that night because I couldn't breathe b/c every breath I took felt like death!! So I took a shot to the back..and was drugged up on muscle relaxers and pain relievers for about a week. Needless to say, the Superman ride is OUT for me this year.
I don't know why out of all the times I have rode on roller coasters....heck rode specifically on the Superman, my back NOW wants to spazz out. It's crazy. I guess my body ain't what it used to be. The other day I darn near broke my doggone neck trying to show my little cousin an old routine that I made up so that she could use it to try out for her little dance team. Life's crazy like that.

Anywho... I am not really in a writing mood today. *ha... maybe i should have said this before I went on a writing rampage*

I had a pretty dull and lazy weekend . I mean, don't get me wrong, I actually needed that rest. I've been going nonstop for a while now...so maybe that was just my body's way of saying, "Girl please...you not gonna just run this all around the world without rest!" Another good thing happened this week. I um, went out on my first date with a guy named KJ. There's not much to tell yet, which is why I haven't mentioned him before, but if things jump off between us, I promise you'll be the first to know.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...