Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday News

HURTING
Ouch! My arms are aching like nobody's business. I just started back working out because I'm gaining weight again. :( I hate gaining weight. Every time my clothes start snugging up on me, I get depressed and eat more. Then of course I find myself in a vicious cycle of weight gain, depression and over eating. ENOUGH! I got my big booty off the couch yesterday and blasted some music. I was doing a lot of lunges and arm weight stuff yesterday. I definitely feel it in my thighs and arms. I realized that I am definitely out of shape. I was dancing to some of my favorite songs and was very winded by the time they went off. I gotta fix that PRONTO because I just joined the Dance Ministry at Church. I haven't danced in like what... 4 years?? I'm a little nervous about my stamina. At least I'm working on it though.


CELEBRATING
So last Friday Usher and I went to his parent's house to celebrate Father's day a little early. As usual, his parents greeted me as I tried my best to keep my distance from Cody, the family wolf dog. Given my many dreams about being bitten on the hand....you can say that I'm really not too fond of dogs any more. Dinner was great. Usher's sister, Stacey and her boyfriend, Earl brought some takeout from JJ's rib shack and it was slammin! After dinner, I helped the ladies clean up while Usher and his dad went out to play with Cody. Earl looked out the kitchen window as Cody bit Usher on his hand. Uh-huh. I knew that big azz fox dog bite. Last time we were over there Usher gonna bring the dog up to me and tell me to give me his hand so he can show me that the dog wouldn't bite me.
Me: He got teeth?
Usher: yeah...but..
Me: Then he bites. I'm not giving you my hand.
Usher: Come on Sway, trust me. This will help you get over your fear of dogs! Don't you trust me?
Me: I trust you babe. It's dogs I don't trust.

And for good reason too. I exchanged a knowing glance at Usher when he came in the house talking about, "I can't believe Cody BIT me!"

Anywho...the rest of the night was marked by a few games of Dominos and gift giving all while watching Harlem Nights. By the time we left, I was too tired! But on Saturday, I was up bright and early with my mom doing more Father's day shopping for my dad.
We ended up buying him 3 suits (with shirts and ties) and some cologne. Needless to say, he had a great Father's day.

ANTICIPATING
So my birthday is about a month away and already, I'm making plans. My parents and I are supposed to be going to our favorite east coast beach the week before my birthday. Coincidentally, this is the same week Usher's daughter will be in town to visit. I've asked them to come along so I can have all of my "family" with me that week. He wants to go, and told me he'd get back with me by weeks end to say yea or nay depending on if he thinks he can come up with the money for a trip like that. Hopefully he can cuz I really would like for them to go too.

My birthday weekend will be spent with friends. We're going to some cabins in North Carolina to just chill out, have a few mixed drinks...hike maybe...do some girl talking and just enjoying each other's company. I'm excited be able to spend the weekend with all my girls since a couple live out of state, but are meeting us there. It's going to either be a GREAT weekend...or something straight out of a scary movie. 6 girls alone in a cabin.... uh... let's hope for the best. :)

1 comment:

wanda1234 said...

thanks for sharing...

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...