Friday, June 26, 2009

MJ

Like so many people, I was one of millions who sat in front of the TV and radio in disbelief yesterday evening. I couldn't believe that MJ passed away. Usher called me around 6:25 ish to tell me to turn to CNN. I almost didn't because I was rushing to choir and dance rehearsals. As I clicked my remote, a wave of shock came over me as I watched them tell me that everyone's favorite entertainer was dead.

It affected me deeply. I rushed to my car and sped to my rehearsals while listening to all the people on the radio talk about how deeply it affect them too. MJ had that kind of effect. His music spoke to the masses.

I remember a few years back one of the stations did a tribute to Michael and my dad and I were watching it. We were watching how people were falling out and crying at his concerts. They loooooved some Michael. My dad turned to me and said, "I wonder how crazy things would be when Michael dies. These people are cutting up over his hat, his socks, his voice....what would happen when he finally goes?"
We didn't know that the day would come so fast.

I felt kinda crazy for crying the way I did yesterday. I mean, I don't personally know him, yet I'm really broken up about it. Shocked by it. It's not as if he was going to live forever, it's just....death is so sudden and final. Waking up and having no clue that today will be your last day on earth. It's an awful awful thing. I just pray for his soul and his family. He will definitely be missed.

All of this death has really made me appreciate each and every day God allows me to see and complete. What a blessing it is to be alive. Oftentimes we get so consumed in our everyday problems that we forget that being alive to have problems is a blessing. I vow to take time each day to appreciate my life and view it as another blessing that the Lord has given me.

1 comment:

Ariesramgirl said...

What a blessing it is to be alive. Oftentimes we get so consumed in our everyday problems that we forget that being alive to have problems is a blessing.

This line really toched me...Thank you Sway!

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...