Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday indeed

There's something about fridays that just wash away all of my negative thoughts and problems and plants a permanent smile on my face. I still have to wake up fairly early on saturdays, and i constantly voice how I seem to do more work on the weekends than i do during the week. Yet when friday comes, a sigh of relief overtakes me and all is right in the world once again.

I love that.

Not to mention it's PERFECT outside. I've raised the blinds in the office so that nothing can hinder my looking experience.

~~~~~~~~

Today is the last day of work as i've known it. Bright and early monday morning, we're getting a new director. We haven't had a "boss" since '04 so we've all gotten a little lackadaisical. We're supposed to be at work at 8:30...but lately i've been strolling in around 9:20... and I'm STILL the first one here...
We go home early, take off when we want, wear jeans on tuesdays... eat, talk on our cells, and listen to music all during the day. Don't get it twisted...we still work... but... things have been real easy going here.
That's about to stop. This new guy comes from a very strict establishment. After reading his CV, i felt my hands shake cuz I KNOW he's coming in and changing some stuff. He's already fired one person and he doesn't even start until monday!!!
So i may have to lay low on this whole bloggin and myspace thing. Which makes me a little sad cuz i really feel like this is a part of my job. lol

Keep me in your prayers though. I was just informed yesterday that since our EA is on maternity leave until May, I will be doubling as his temporary EA since I supposedly "am very good and shifting roles and am efficient in getting stuff done". Great! *eyeroll* They just gassed me up so i can feel good about doing two jobs and only getting paid for one. *smh* Employers! sheesh!
It's all good though. At least I know i'll be here for at least a month. lol

~~~~~~~~~

So I'm finally starting to date again. It's been really interesting to say the least. I told myself that this year will be about ME! I'm gonna pamper myself, get stuff I want, pay bills I need to pay, get MYSELF together. And i've been doing that. You know what, it feels really good! I love being able to spend my check on myself.
However, it seems like I attract guys that just DON'T have their stuff together. It's something about me that screams "if u ain't got it, come get with me". lol I swear it's me! Men that can take care of themselves never holla at me. It's always the ones that need something. I attract them. *shrug* I gotta change that cuz it's messing up my vow to be selfish this year. I can't do me if i gotta keep helping you. Ya know?
So dating has been...weird. A guy looks good on paper... we go out few times and all is well. Then as soon as they know i'm interested.... here we go with the sob stories. "uh...i just got fired" or "uh... child support is kickin my butt" or "uh...my check didn't come in from such and such"... it's something... always.

~~~~~~~
Church has been going okay. I'm currently in a state of limbo. I'm still teaching Etiquette classes at my first church. But I'm also teaching dance at my last church. I don't know where I fit in. I don't know which church I should be a member of. I want to commit wholeheartedly to one. But right now, it's like the pro's for each church are REALLY good. But the con's are REALLY bad. And I dunno. Maybe i should find a new church altogether. *shrug* I'm still undecided on where i wanna be permanently. I've been doing this "two church" thing for almost a month and it's taxing on me. It's like having two boyfriends... choose already! So i'm dealing with that. Pray for a sista!!!

Anywho... i'm not feeling this blogging thing right now...so i'll just look out the window and daydream about something. Later!

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...