Friday, August 15, 2008

Speaking of

Did I ever tell you how much I love fridays? I did? Oh. Well ya'll know I'm good for repeating myself over and over again. It's a generational flaw. On both sides of the family. *shrug*

Speaking of family, my great aunt died last week. On her birthday. How creepy is that. There's something quite depressing about dying on your birthday. I mean that's such a special day to me. I dunno. It was sad. I didn't know her, but we still went to the wake and the family's house for support. I found out a lot about my immediate family from them. I wish everyone was closer than we are. It was nice to see pictures of folks when they were young, and hear stories I never knew before. My grandparents were never really open about their lives, so hearing about it from folks who grew up with them was amazing. There was no better place to be last weekend than that. I had a great time...considering the circumstances.

Speaking of weekends, I have no major plans for this one. I thought about going to look at cars and see if I may be lucky enough to find a good deal and trade my old one in for something better. Not that I don't like my car, but this whole, running hot, won't start for a second thing has got me worried. I'm sure it could be easily fixed, but I've been wanting to trade it in anyways and this gives me a good reason. Better now than ever. But reality is....my credit SUCKS! The dealers look up my information and laugh til water comes out their eyes. Browsing may be the only thing I'm able to do for a while. But i figure it won't hurt to try. Lord knows I don't have no $2000 down payment that I KNOW they gonna ask me for. lol I got a lil money, but not 2Gs to just unload at the dealer right now. Nope. That's a negative.

Speaking of money, this stimulus check is burning a hole in my pockets. I'm so ghetto. All I can think of is spending it on clothes, or a vacation. What happened to all that investing and saving crap I told myself I'd do way back in April when I first knew I was getting something? Blah! I'll be good. I need to save for a rainy day. The way things are lining up, it looks like a thunderstorm is in the forecast. Hopefully not, but it's sure looking like it.

Speaking of the near future, my mom and Usher's birthday is coming next week. I survived his mom's b-day with a few $20's left in my pocket. Whew! Now if I can keep my mom's expenses down to $100 and Usher's down to $100, I may be alright! *seeing dollar signs in my eyes*
I can't wait to get my finances back in order. I have soooo much I wanna do. Oooooh!!!! My FIRST order of business would be to get my big butt back in the gym. Man, all that weight I lost last year is back. Just chillin all willy nilly. I hate it. I tell myself everyday that I can work out for free at home or at the track, but I see now that if I'm not spending money to work out... I won't. How sad is that. But I know this about myself. I've embraced it...and now I gotta dish out some $$ so I can get my sexy on again.

Speaking of sexy... I saw my bus crush FINALLY! I saw something moving in the corner of my eye and when I looked out the window, there was his lil head bopping...backpack swaying, hands waving for the bus to stop. I tried to tell the bus driver to wait, but I was too far back. I only heard one other person say something to her, but I guess she didn't hear her either. He had to wait a whole 30 minutes before the next bus comes. So so, sad. But at least he looked good missing the bus. lol
I grinned all the way home knowing that he still rides my bus. I'm so lame.

Anyways. I'm out! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

laughing808 said...

Sorry to hear about your great aunt. And I agree that funerals usually include getting to hear those stories you havdn't heard before.

I don't advise trading in your current car until your credit improves. And of course hold onto that stimulus check.

No comment on the bus crush.....LOL

Anonymous said...

@ Laughing - Thanks. I actually didn't trade it. The interest rates were crazy. Worse than what I currently have...so why put myself through that. lol

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...