Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Imagine

I miss working in our old building. While being downtown Atlanta is invigorating and quite a workout, I feel like we’re all packed in these little generic cubicals, running around like mice in a maze with no idea what’s happening beyond these four walls. I miss looking out my officle window and taking in the elements of the outdoors. I left my desk a minute ago in search for a window and just stared at the falling drops of rain. It looks like a cold November day. My mind wandered to grey cashmere sweaters and cream wool coats. Brown leather boots and plaid scarves. Hot chocolate and fire places. I smiled to myself thinking of how excited I am about the cooler seasons and how it’s just around the corner.

As I made my way back to my desk I started thinking about how I always romanticize this part of the year. I think of the wind ripping through my hair as I watch the sunset at some park. Listening to the rustling of leaves as I curl up to a good book and soft blanket. Smelling the delightful aroma of pumpkin pie, freshly baked cookies, or even cinnamon spice cider that the holidays bring.

As the bees buzz by my ear and I wipe the perspiration off of my forehead, I think of the upcoming months, and the longer nights I’ll have to enjoy cuddling up with my special someone. Being so cold that I can’t get close enough. Popping popcorn and lazily laying around as the happenings of the day fade and the two of us are the only ones left on earth.

These things make me smile each year around this time. I always become giddy and ready for the romance this season brings.

But it rarely happens that way for me.

Between battling colds, and continuously cooking bigger meals… toting around bulky coats and trying to find the mates to socks....battling the extra traffic, and the "bulge" that seems to come from eating heavier foods. After stressing over end of the year reviews at work, and praying that the car doesn’t act up in this cold weather. Romance seems to fade away.

This year I plan to change that. I want my fairy tale. I think I’ve worked hard enough this year to enjoy this last quarter of the year. I'm determined to be lovey dovey'd up. I'm determined to enjoy the season the way it should be enjoyed. I'm determined not to let my fall and winter pass me by without incorporating a few of my favorite things. Guess I’m going to start preparing now.

This fall... will be great. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Fall, too. I also co-sign on the wish for lots of hugs, hot chocolate and lazy days.

Anonymous said...

That's right Sway... claim it!

I'm not looking forward to shorter days though. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year...looking forward to those cool nights.

wanda1234 said...

thanks for sharing...

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...