Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thanks…giving… thanks…part II

I figured I’d just briefly comment on my thanksgiving holiday. It’s not much to tell since I really didn’t do much. But I think that's what made it so nice. I had on Pajamas about 80% of my weekend. Spent a lot of time alone and thinking. It was good for me.

Anywho… a sista went to church on thanksgiving morning as usual. It’s amazing how people look at me funny when I say that. As if going to church to give God praise and thanks for all He’s done for me on the very day set aside to show gratitude is just the dumbest thing they’ve ever heard. If ever there was a day to go to church, surely Thanksgiving would be it. *shrug* But I digress.

So I went to church and enjoyed the service. We got out a little earlier than usual. I think it was because this was the first time that the FALCONS played on Thanksgiving. lol. So you know when church let out…all the men were honking their horns trying to tell their chatty wives to get their tails in the car.

My parents and I went to my grandmother’s house and stayed there until about halftime. It’s sad I’m measuring my day by the game. lol

Anywho… gramma was happy to see us. I saw a lot of my family…which isn’t really a big deal like it should be since they all live about 15 minutes from me and I see them all the time. But hey, it’s thanksgiving…and for that reason, it was a big deal. So we all hugged and smiled all funny at each other like we hadn’t seen each other in ages when really, I just saw them fools yesterday. *smh*

We made it home around 1. I got outta my church clothes and put on my pj’s. I had NO plans to go or do anything else that day except eat, sleep, and watch a little tv.

I must admit, I was a little sad cuz my baby and I weren’t together. He left Wednesday night to meet up with his brother so that their band could head to florida for a Thanksgiving Gospel Concert. I would have loved to go, but his group is all males, and their hotel rooms were already taken care of…meaning if I went, I’d have to sleep by myself, and pay for my room. Uh…that’s alright bruh, I’ll wait til you get back. *sigh* I might as well get used to it. My baby is a traveling musician… and pretty soon, I will be hitting the streets with my vocals too. I guess it’ll make us appreciate our alone time together even more. I can already tell that once we really start getting serious about our talents… we’ll be very busy traveling.

I think we should invest in him a better phone though. He got metro PCS…which if you’re in the A, you KNOW ain’t worth ish! So when he’s out of Atlanta, I can’t really keep in touch with him. I don’t like that. He bought a trac phone before he left, which made me happy, but I still didn’t wanna call. I’m funny like that. So on thanksgiving, I laid in bed with my remote in one hand, and my cordless in the other. Watching tv and waiting for him to call to tell me they made it to florida safely and to wish me a happy thanksgiving. I dozed off a few times, and everytime my phone rang, I was very disappointed cuz it wasn’t him. I hate being like that. Why didn’t I just call him and get it over with?? I’m so extra!

Anywho… I felt better when he finally called. Apparently they left later than initially planned and their day was thrown off. After he called, I laid in bed and smiled. I have so much to be thankful for. Even from last year, God has blessed me so much. I had a lot I could have done this year for the holiday. But I was content lying in bed with my remote and pajamas. I didn’t NEED to party with my friends. I didn't NEED to meet anyone. I didn’t NEED to be out and about. I didn't NEED to spend money to comfort me. I was fine with my life. With being alone. With silence. Cuz I knew that it was all by choice…and that my life is full and complete now. So different from how I was feeling last year.

Here’s last year’s thanksgiving post (CLICK HERE). lol I’m thankful that my prayers were heard.

Anyways TG got back on Saturday and I was so happy that I practically flew to his house and squeezed the mess outta him. Good thing he missed me just as much or I woulda looked real… psycho. lol Sunday we ate with my parents and had the “Thanksgiving” I wanted to have Thursday. I told him that come Christmas…we gonna be TOGETHER. I don’t wanna hear about any concerts or yada yada. I don’t care where we go or what we do, but we gotta be together.

Okay I’m done rambling… hope everyone else had a good thanksgiving holiday.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...