Monday, December 05, 2005

Ouch

*yawn*
I’m convinced that there’s really no such thing as weekends. I could have sworn I was up at work just yesterday. Saturdays are a figment of my imagination. I mean really, the thought of an end to any work week is fantasy. It doesn’t end. Well not in my life anyways. A sista is busier during the supposed “weekend” than she is during the weekday. And of course the rainy weather didn’t make for much riding excitement. I wish I could have stayed in. But… you know how it is. I really can’t complain though… I got a lot done this weekend.

Friday: I don’t know WHY I was trying to be extra cute Friday. My radio station said it was 31 degrees right before I turned of my ignition and headed into the ole office in my blue jean mini skirt, tan suede boots, and white collared, eye-and-hook shirt. Um… it’s to cold to be exposing the legs… but anyone that knows me know that Sway is always backwards. I dress up on casual day…and straight bum out on business attire days. *smh* I got issues. I know. I’m aware. Now we can move on.

So… Friday I’m cute. Legs just freezing. Glad I’m in the heat of the office. But on the real…why is the office heater always set on hell? I mean it’s hotter in here than it is outside in the summer. Why? It’s sad I’m trying to drink milkshakes and smoothies just to keep cool in December. But I make it through. *whew* Get off work and head to TG’s.

Brotha had to give me my props cuz I was wearing those boots. It’s too bad my feet were hurting like a mug. Man. Anywho…we went to applebees and discussed some biznass. I must say, I feel better about things. Now, if we can just get through December with our head above water, I’m convinced all will be well.

Saturday I slept in. That’s not usual for me since usually I have dance and/or praise team rehearsal(s). Actually, I DID have those, but um… I played hookey. I needed sleep. And my bed was feeling sooooo good. So my radio alarm went off at 6am Saturday morning… I looked at the radio, turned the Christmas music off, and made some wonderful melodies with my snores.

I woke up refreshed. Partly because I was awakened by TG’s wonderful voice in my phone. He told me he covered for me since everyone was asking HIM where I was. I thanked him and stretched. Now that I was fully awake, I hated that I missed rehearsal. It would have been my only chance to see him that day. Again, he was off to play at a church in Columbus with his brother. I didn’t make such a big deal about him leaving since he’d be back that night. After we hung up, I realized that I was running a little late for my “girl’s outing at Golden Choral”. My stomach wasn’t happy that it was empty…so I picked up some speed as I jumped in the shower and managed to put something decent to wear together while watching Making the Band.

I finally make it to Golden Choral to see that only ONE of my friends is there on time. Don’t they know I like to be the one late? Ugh! So we’re waiting. And waiting… and waiting. Finally about an hour later, miss thang shows up talking about she’s sorry…she was still watching tv. Booooooooo! We’re all waiting on her before we eat. I’m ‘bout to pass out and she at home chillin. I could have strangled her!! But…I was too faint from lack of food…so I let it slide.

So were finally eating and I casually tell them that TG and I are thinking about getting married in January. Of course they had NO idea. I actually share more with you guys than I do with my real life friends, so they still thought we were waiting to the end of next year to maybe get engaged. lol

I probably should have waited until they were finished eating. Homegirl almost choked on her fish messing around with me. And it didn’t help that I caught them off guard. No warning…no serious tone. Just came on out and said it like I was asking for ketchup or something. Of course they had many many questions. But they were all excited and happy for me. Honestly, it’s at a point where I just don’t know whats going on with us anymore. Right now I have so much on my plate it’s like… if we do, we do. If not, keep it moving cuz I got a lot going on. lol We say the beginning of the year, but honestly who knows. *shrug*

*yawn* I’m tired of writing. *ouch* And my wrist hurt. I think I have tendonitis.*ouch* It’s been hurting for 2 weeks now. I’m finally taking TG and my parents advice and going to the doctor. I hate going to the doctor. Yuck. But it’s been two weeks of progressively worse wrist pain. I don’t even move it and it burns. So as much as I’d like to finish my weekend rundown… *ouch* I gotta go. *ouch*
Later.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...