Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I think...

...I’m bi-polar.

One day I’m in a super friggin good mood for no apparent reason, and the next day I’m just down in the dumps. That’s not normal is it?

It’s like… I dunno, my hormones are playing an april fools joke on me every day. I get up and have no idea how I’m going to be feeling by the time I get home. It’s kinda crazy.

Anyways… it’s Wednesday and the IT guy just came by my desk to give me a new computer. I’ve been computer-less since noon yesterday and I've been bored out of my mind! I didn’t realize how much of my work requires me to be on my PC. My junk just froze yesterday when I was about to go to I-Tunes and wouldn’t cut off. I finally cut the power source and waited a few before cutting the source back on. My computer didn’t reboot. I stared at a black screen for 15 minutes before calling the IT guy. Shoot! I hate computer problems. The IT guy came by and did a few tricks.

Nothing.

He wrinkled his brow and finally decided to take my junk back to his lab for tests.

Great. *sigh* I spent the remainder of the day cleaning my desk, strolling around the office, bothering my co-workers who were trying to work, and watching the clock. By the end of the day, I still had no computer. I figured he’d be done before morning.

Wrong.

I spent the entire first half of today thumbing through magazines and re-organizing my pencils. It was a mess. I was sooooo happy when he came back carrying my PC. Only…it wasn’t my PC.

Please don’t tell me I lost everything!!!

Good news is that he took my hard drive from my old computer and put into this new one. So I have all my pics, and files… and documents.


Whew!

So I’m finally back in business. Hooray!

Of course my first order of business was to blog. Not that I have much to blog about. But do I ever? lol

The weekend was cool. Usher moved Friday.
I doubt he reads my blog, but it almost felt like he did. He asked me Thursday night if I wanted to come when he moved his stuff. Not that I could help much anyways because I’m a little wuss when it comes to moving heavy furniture…but the fact that he asked made me feel… Special. *blushing*

I asked him what time he was going and prepared myself to go in to work early so that I could take off early without having to use any of my personal time (PTO days).

I get home around 1:30pm and change into something more comfortable. I figured I could lend a hand once he’s moved in by decorating or cleaning, or helping him with his clothes. I sit in my recliner and look out the window. It is such a beautiful day. Perfect weather for moving. My place is quiet except for the faint chirps from birds outside. I open a book and continue where I left off the day before. I am zapped out of my story an hour later by my cell. A breathless Usher asks me if I can hurry to his old apartment asap! I fling my book, pick up my keys and cell and quickly dash out the door. I had no idea that the rest of the day was going to go just like that. I probably used an entire tank of gas that evening: His old place, back to my place, to his friends place, to his new place, to his Mom’s house, back to his old place, to his friends place, back to my place, to his friends place again, and finally…his new place. CRAZY!

Anyways, upon getting to his place the first time, we sit in the office as a heavy set older lady begins skimming through the lease papers. She looks from me to him as she explains things. While he’s signing the papers she studies me for a second.

“You guys make a really nice couple. But if he gives you any trouble, you let me know. I’m an ex-marine.” She says sternly, then allows a haggard smile to creep to the left side of her lips.

She walks us over to his new place and gives us a quick walk through of the place. It was spacious. Upstairs and down. Nice floorplan. I thought to myself.

“Okay sir, if you’ll sign here stating that we did a walk through today, I’ll give you your keys and we’re done” She said.


It was already close to 5 and my stomach was growling. I hadn’t eaten anything all day!
We’re in my old 'hood now, so I know where all the good spots are. I planned to take him to get some fried fish as soon as everything was moved in.

“Here Sway.” Usher said as he held 2 keys out to me. “In case I lock myself out or something.” He smiled jokingly.

I smiled back.

I wasn’t expecting keys. I figured he’d give his extras to his best friend. I’m always talking about how gay they are and how they are really the ones in the relationship. But nevertheless, I got the keys. Maybe things are changing after all.

We move in the small stuff while waiting on his cousin to come and help with the bed and living room suites.

The cable guy came while they were moving and so did Usher’s friend Mike. He already had a party going on and hadn’t been in his new place for a good 3 hours yet.

Around 7:30, I thought I was going to die of hunger. His friend and cousin finally left after Usher had everything situated perfectly and the cable was up and running.

“I know you hungry, but I gotta go by my momma’s house to pick up something. We can go to that fish and shrimp spot I told you about last time. Is that cool?”

All I heard was fish and I was sold.

We drive 30 minutes to his folks house and they were eating tuna sandwiches.

“If I knew ya’ll were coming, I would have cooked something.” His mom says while fixing us both a sandwich. I was grateful.


We all chatted for a while and finally we were on our way. I could taste the fish as we head towards the restaurant.


Closed.


Dang we must have stayed at his folks house longer than we thought. We finish running errands and finally ordered Chinese food later on that evening.
As we settled down, we realized that none of us remembered to get soap. Before long, we had a whole list of things he needed and we found ourselves at Club Walmart at 2:30 in the morning. To make it even worse, there was actually a line.

“Dang, why everybody out this late?” I mumble while frowning at the massive lines bulging from both open lanes.

We fight to stay awake and finally make it back to his place.

“So you wanted to spend your first night here with me huh? You can’t keep away can ya?” I joke.

As soon as our heads hit the pillow, we are both out like a light. He had work the next day, and I was heading to my folks house to spend the day with them. I’ve decided to move back home and save some money once my lease is up. Renting sucks. I figure next time I move, it’ll be into my own house. At least that’s my plan.

People always say, “If you wanna hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.”
We’ll see. *shrug*

Saturday came and went way too fast. I skipped Church on Sunday. I was supposed to go visit Free Spirit, but felt the weight of the last few days pressing on me. I needed a day of rest. What better day than Sunday.

I really enjoyed my “me” time. I love living alone. And just think, Usher and I actually discussed moving in together last year. Like…he was...uh...we were serious. I found out a lot about myself after that conversation because contrary to how I thought I’d feel if he ever asked me to move in, I was really apprehensive about it. I guess I realized that I’m not ready for that yet.

Well…I’ve lollygagged long enough. Guess I need to get to work. Later.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...