Monday, March 17, 2008

Everyday there's a Miracle

Man,

days like this I really wish I wouldn't have downgraded my phone. I sure needed my picture phone today. I felt like such an outcast.

For those of you who live in Ga, I'm sure you've heard about the tornados that hit Atlanta this weekend. Well I work in Downtown Atlanta and judging from the weekend news, I figured that our building would be completely wrecked. My building, like many of the ones down here, is a completely glass structure. After seeing how devastating the CNN building and the Phillips Arena parking lot was, I was soooooo sure our building was demolished. I usually walk to the CNN building for lunch, that's how close I am to it. I kept wanting the camera man to do a nice panoramic view of where he was because I knew I'd easily be able to see my building, but he never did. Last night after dinner, My parents, Usher, and I sat in the living room and watched the news again when it dawned on me that I may not have to work today if my building is all messed up. With excitement I ran to the computer to see if there was any updates.

Miraculously, our building was unscathed. Work would resume as normal.

How's that possible? I wondered. I'm sure there are a few windows broken. *shrug*

When I got in this morning, the whole situation was sooooo uncanny. I went to get my morning tea and looked out the window over downtown. I was up close and personal with the aftereffects of the tornado. It's one thing to see on television, but another to look out your window. The huge olympic torches were down in centennial park. (These are 2 of the torches I'm talking about. One is by the blue patch.)





And the CNN center had sooo many windows boarded up since the tornado blew out almost all of them. The Westin was looking a mess. The Tabernacle was completely demolished. It looked crazy.

At noon, my co-worker and I decided to get an even closer look. We strolled down the street we've walked up and down so many times and felt like visitors to a new place. There were so many people out on the streets looking around in awe just like we were. Channel 2, 5 and 46 were out videotaping everything. Everyone had their digital cameras and camera phones out looking up at the holes where windows once were. I look at my building....there's not one window out.

Amazing. The building to the right of us had windows out everywhere...the park to the other side of us had trees uprooted, columns down, fences bent. Our building...Perfect.


I was fascinated by it all. How can every building around mine be affected and our completely glass building stand without one window broken?


Wild huh?



Makes for great lesson:


Your fate is not always determined by what's going on around you.

Even when everything else is broken, you can come out of the storm with out so much as a scratch.

The weakest structure can withstand the strongest forces when God protects it.



Happy Monday everyone.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...