Thursday, March 13, 2008

Skip Day

So I played hookey from work yesterday. My parents are such bad influences. Monday I get a call at work from my mom to say that she and my dad won’t be reachable for a few hours (in case I called) because they were going to the movies. I look at the clock.

It’s 1:50 in the freakin afternoon!!!

Um…*blink* Don’t ya’ll neegro’s need to be at work?

“We’re playing hookey” my mom laughs into the phone.

They are so crazy! lol They are the cutest couple. Still playing hookey to go out on dates… and they have been married for over half of their lives. It’s cute.

But err um, I was salty that no one told me that Monday was national skip day. 5 people from my office called in that day as well. Boo everyone!

I’ll show them.


*cough, cough* Uh… yeah. I won’t be in today. *cough* Okay see you tomorrow. Click!

Aaahhhh! Free at last!

I slept until about noon and got up only to sit on my couch and open all the windows and blinds and stare out into the beautiful world before me. I love days like this. No plans. No “to do’s”.

I wish that I took off like this last friday after my two little babies (my cousin's kids) came to visit me the night before. From the time those little rugrats came in the door they were taking off their coats and chasing me around the living room. At 1.5 and 3, they have waaaay more energy than I do and I soon became dizzy and tired. My feet hurt! Ouch! Which one of ya'll lil people stepped on my foot?!?! Why are you hitting my thigh? Did you just jump on my stomach? For 4 hours they beat the crap out of me. I needed a rest day then. But I'll take it today. It's cool.

At about 2, Usher calls me to ask me why I wasn’t at work.

“I wanted to play hookey.” I whined.

“Well look, both of us can’t be losing our job. You better take yo’ butt to work”. He says jokingly.

I didn’t think it was funny.

Usher had called me the night before saying that he’d been suspended from his job for 2 days for something I refuse to talk about on here. I listened to his story while watching American Idol and shook my head.

Is this chile EVER going to grow up. I told him that in a few years he’ll be 40…this kind of behavior is just unacceptable.

He got a little pissed at me because “as his girl, I should have his back, not fuss at him like I’m his momma.”

This pissed me off a little because I’d loooove to have his back and not act like his momma, but to do that, I need him to stop acting like a child.

Anyways… we squashed it the night before and I said a little prayer hoping that he didn’t get fired behind this stupid stuff.

“So…since you off… lets go to that Fish and Shrimp place today. You dressed or you sitting around there naked?”

I smile. I can’t help that one of my guilty pleasures is to be naked all the time when I’m alone. What I need clothes for? Of course anytime he stops by with someone unannounced, he calls me while walking up to the door and tells me to put on some clothes cause he KNOW I don’t have on any. Sometimes it's kinda embarrassing. People looking at me all crosseyed like they wanna ask...why you sitting in here naked?

Cause i like it. Shoot! It's my place...And????

Usher's used to it. He just make sure he calls before just opening the front door to give me time to put something on.

“Sway, you the only chick I know that like to walk around naked all the time.”

*shrug* It’s just my thing. I make sure I sit on my own personal fleece blanket so no one is exposed to anything they don’t wanna be when they sit on my furniture. lol I like to be naked, but I'm not nasty! lol Okay TMI.

Anywho… I shower and throw on my favorite wig and I’m out. It was such a gorgeous day yesterday. I threw on my stunner shades and let the wind almost blow my wig off on the expressway. Whoops!

I really hope this food is good. This is our 3rd time trying to go. The first time was two Friday’s ago when he moved, but it was closed by the time we got over there. Then we planned to go last Sunday after Church, but it's closed on Sundays. Dang…when is this place open?

So we went to Red Lobster instead. We had a great time together Sunday. He took me to the Ghetto Mall up the street from him (ie. South Dekalb Mall for those in Ga) and we bought some crazy t-shirts to show our hood-ness. lol Then we stopped at Dairy Queen because I was whining about wanting dessert. I was a happy camper after that. :)

Anyway, I get to his house yesterday and he’s standing at the door with some multi colored-boxers, navy blue church socks pulled up his calves like somebody’s granddaddy, and a small apple-juice box. He looked retarded! I was in tears!

“Why are you looking like that?”

He’s silly. I hope he finally gets his act together because his dream of being a comedian could really work. He’s just silly for no reason.

He throws on something and we head to the Fish and Shrimp place.

It’s open! What a miracle. He orders a 4 pc. Whiting, and 20 shrimp for us.

When I say that those were the BEST SHRIMP I’ve ever had…I am soooo not kidding. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. These fried jumbo shrimp needed NOTHING. No ketchup, cocktail sauce or tartar sauce. I had to bite one shrimp about 3 or 4 times just to finish it. Whew! I gotta get back there.

Anywho…we kinda hung out for the rest of the day and had crazy conversations about dating someone vs. being married, mari.ju.ana, washing clothes, and who we thought was the prettiest of the girls on ANTM. We’re random. What can I say.

Overall, it was a pretty nice day. I was happy that I played hookey. Now I’m back to the drawing board. *sigh* Good thing tomorrow’s Friday. :) Woo-hooo!

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...