Thursday, March 20, 2008

Excuse me, I think we accidentally switched lives. Can I have mine back?

What a week! *plopping down at my desk*

I have been BUSY!!!!! My immediate boss has an upper respiratory infection and has been on sick leave since monday. Since I'm next in line on the command chain, I've had to take over her share of the work for tomorrow's meeting with the Higher Ups. Blah! She always seem to get sick around the time major projects are taking place. She knows what she's doing. *rolling my eyes at her empty chair*

Anywho....I've just finished our department's presentation and sent the powerpoint slides up to the top floor's EA. Done! And an hour early I might add.

Today has been one of those days. I haven't talked about what's been going on this last week with Usher. I know I briefly mentioned he was having some problems on his job. Well... I still won't mention what happened to protect the guil...err...innocent. But he had to go to jail today. Yes I said jail. JAIL! *sigh*

It's not thaaaat serious. But if you ask me, anytime you have to go to jail, it's serious. It's over the craziest thing really...and I know he'll be out either tonight or tomorrow since he turned himself in. But the fact he had to go to jail over some STUPID (i mean stuuuuuupid) stuff just urks me. This whole thing could have been avoided and I am soooo over it.

But anyways...sorry I can't tell you guys about it. Just feel it would be better for all parties if the story wasn't mentioned. Anywho... he called me about 20498230982423.9 times before going in at 1 to tell me everything I need to do in case they set a bail for him to get out instead of just letting him out on his own. *yawn*
I'm tired already. I don't wanna go to no one's freakin jail and wait for my boyfriend to get out. This is soooo not the kind of life I wanna live. So I've fussed at him already and he promised that he wont get himself into this situation again.

Anywho... it's been kind of stressful dealing with this mess for a week. Police woes, job woes, money woes...it's too much.

Then my mother... *sigh*. Lord, that's a whole different set of problems. Sometimes I feel like I'm the parent and it just shouldn't be. I haven't seen anyone as old as she make so many financial mistakes. I don't even know if I can still call them mistakes. More like bad habits. She's starting to irritate me now.
Like I vented before, my folks are in bad financial shape. They've been struggling for a while and I try to help them when I can. Well, last month, for the first time in a while, my mother didn't ask me for money. I was happy. I thought that all my help must have paid off and they were finally back on their feet. What helped my assumption was the fact that every saturday, my mom was at the mall buying her a new outfit for Church. I've told ya'll my mom is a leo. We some flashy folks...us leos. lol So, my mom is always decked out. Nothing but the best for her. I know each suit she bought was over $200 because that's just how she is. So i'm like, cool... they're doing good. *shrug*

Um, no.

Last night
8:30pm
home phone rings

Me: Hey ma!
Her: Hey princess. You got company?
Me: Nope. Just me. What's up?
Her: Uh...nothing *voice changing* um...you get paid this week right?
Me: *dang!* Yeah (i know where this is going)
Her: Good *sighing with relief* Um do you have to pay alot of bills this week because I need
some money.
Me: Umm...well yeah I do have to pay alot. How much you need?
Her: How much can you spare?
Me: None. You know things are tight for me right now. I give you some bill money if you just
need it right now, then you can give it back when you get paid so I can pay the bill.
Will that work?
Her: Well I guess it will have to. Just let me know how much you can spare on friday.
Me: *frustrated* Alright.

Why does she do this???? If she wasn't going out to eat and buying new outfits everyweek for the last month, she'd have more than enough money to take care of whatever it is she need my money for. It's soooo frustrating. Then she mentioned the other day that she bought this thing from online that is supposed to be a system to help you learn how to read faster.

Now... I'm not one to discourage self-improvement, but this ish cost about $150.

When you got bills.... this is the LAST thing your behind need to be buying. It could have waited. And instead of controlling her spending, she calls ME to come help her out and she know I'm struggling my darn self. Shoot! She seen my hair...it's a mess. My nails look ragedy. I have no idea what a mall look like. Cuz I'm not spending money I don't have right now. Yet she do what she wanna do, then get in a bind and ask me for money.

I AM FURIOUS! This has GOT TO STOP!!!!!

But I don't know how to tell her. Usher says I'm a lollipop (ie: sucker) when it comes to my mom. He's probably right. But I just can't bring myself to talk to her because all she gonna do is remind me of all of the 30403948 u times she sacrificed for me during my years of living there and etc.
But I gotta tell her. I'll pray on an effective way to tell her that she's a freakin nut and she has a spending problem. *whoooooosaaaahhhhh* lol

Anyways... I should go. I gotta go home and get ready to bail my retarded boyfriend out of jail. Later.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...