Monday, December 03, 2007

Last Weekend

...was definitely one for the books. At the beginning of April, I took on a part time job at Target to help offset the ridiculous rent I was now paying and to allow for “spending money” I’m so used to having. Well little did I know, between Target and my full-time, I really had no time to “spend” anything. (although I wasn’t saving either… I need to figure out where the heck my money went)
Anywho… for the first time since I started target, I had both Saturday and Sunday off. I was CRUNK! There’s sooooo much I want to do. Need to do. There’s this new recipe I want to try out. And man, I need to go to the grocery store! Oooh…this would be a great time to do my Christmas shopping. Oh wait, I should just spend this day in bed and watching tv… I’m always on the go.

Needless to say, none of those things happened when friends and family got word of my being off.

“Babygirl… how about we go get a massage?”

“Mom, we don’t have massage money.”

“Well, I have a gift certificate for one that I need to use by Christmas. I really didn’t want to go alooooone… soooooo….”

“Alright, alright. Let me know how much my part would be.”

“Oh great! We can spend the whole day together! Blah, Blah, Blah”


Great! There goes my plans. lol

Anywho… my mom picks me up since my place is about 10 minutes from where we’re going. I really didn’t have any big expectations for this. I’ve had massages before and they were aaiiight…but nothing to get excited about.
Well as soon as we walked in here, I was excited. Well maybe it’s because Michael Jai White’s TWIN was sitting on the couch when we got there. I nearly fainted. That man was just divine. Even my mom had to do a double take. Talking ‘bout,

“Um, are YOU going to be doing our massage?”

Back off mom, he’s mine. lol
In true Sway fashion, I’m checking for a ring about .0098343 seconds after I see him.

No ring?
Good. I can continue gawking without feeling guilty. lol


We chat it up with Mr. Twin for a little while before our masseuses come and lead us to our room. When I say that Miss Thang worked my massage OUT, I mean it! Whew… I was feeling GOOOD!

My mom was like, “ now that’s how a massage is supposed to feel!” lol
When they finally finished an hour plus later. Moms and I was NOT in the mood to do anything else but chill. lol Well I take that back… we WERE in the mood to eat!

As we were heading for a late lunch I got a phone call from one Vee and she was trying to get the girls together for a “girl’s night”. I said that I was down, but in all honesty I was about 50/50 on that.

Okay here’s the deal. There are 4 of us in our little girl circle of friends. Vee’s married with a baby. Brina is married with 2 babies, and Dawn a newlywed and 2 months pregnant.

Waiting…

Still waiting.

Okay hopefully by now you realize I am single and childless.

Normally, none of this would really matter, however, since they are all newly weds or new mommies…their new lives are at the forefront of most conversations. And since I am outnumbered, I already know how this night is gonna go. *yawn*
I know, I need to stop being such a hater. lol

I still decided to go because these ladies are my friends and I’d only hope that whenever God decides to grant me a husband and child(ren), they’ll be there to listen to me share my stories.

So we meet up that night at Vee’s new house and chat the evening away. Well they chat, I listen. The only thing I could contribute to the conversation was the answer to, “So how are you and Usher doing”.

Dang.

I forgot that Vee didn’t know about our break up yet. After I finished, there was an akward pause…then more marriage talk. lol
I was kinda zoning in and out until I heard them talking about the movie Why did I get married.


“Girl I saw that movie. I really enjoyed it”
“Yeah, me too. It was one of Tyler’s best movies”
“Uh-huh I agree. We’re going to have to do that you guys!”
“Yeah”
“Well, we gotta wait for Sway though.”

Well dang!
I think it’s time for me to go. lol

Sunday was a mess. There’s no other way to say it really so I’ll just come out and say it.

My mom and I divorced our Church.

Next post: Pastors ain't always right.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...