Friday, December 21, 2007

In Closing

Well today is the close of a small chapter in my life. It’s my last day working at Target and I feel bittersweet about the whole thing. I’ve had this second job since I moved in April. I’ve had NO time to enjoy my place because I was always working. I’m excited about being able to get ample sleep, take care of my place, and enjoy my free time. However, I’m a little sad that I won’t be seeing some of the faces I’ve become so familiar with at work. I’m also not too fond of giving up the extra income I’ve grown accustomed to. That bit of money helped a sista out a lot this year.

But the time has finally come for me to go…and I’m ready.

Today is also the last day for me at my day job until the New Year. With that being said, I just wanted to quickly recap on some learned lessons/ random statements from 2007. Unfortunately, since I haven’t been blogging this past year…none of you will really know what the heck I’m talking about. lol Nevertheless… here they are.

Lessons from 2007

QT’s Smores Cappuccino is SOOOO good. But it might add about 5-10 pounds to ya if you drink it every night.

Do your taxes early.

Even “hard” guys can have a sensitive side on valentine’s day and anniversaries.

If you hate feeling lonely, don’t move far away from friends and family.

Pillowtop mattresses will make you want to marry your bed.

When you go on business trips, don’t offer to room with a co-worker to save the company some money.

There are some craaaaaazy people on the train.

Electric stoves don’t cook the same as Gas stoves.

A lot of people stereotype retail employees.

Don’t eat cabbage after 8pm.

Convertibles make every road trip more exciting.

Come to think of it... so does a trip to the emergency room on your vacation.

Never take out a loan for anyone.

Make sure you check your car out thoroughly before you buy it.

Stress will make your weight drop faster than exercise.

Snapping at your boss is never a good idea. Especially right before evaluations.

Crying doesn't always make you feel better.

Girl Friends are a blessing.

It’s always a good idea to pin your wig down.

Khaki pants look good on me. lol

Chops restaurant is waaay overpriced.

People don’t always mean what they say.

You can't always judge a person by their family.

Most of the time, you know relationships are over before they officially are.

Remembering the past too soon can make the present full of gloom.

And lastly,

Hope is life’s heartbeat. Once it’s gone, so are you.


Happy Holidays everyone.
I pray that you all have a blessed one.

No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...