Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I just wanna get some things off my chest. I have always been a sporatic thinker...jumping from one subject to the next....but since new years day i've had so much on my mind and i just need to say some of it. each really deserves it's own post...since i honestly have though about all of these things at least once a day since then...but knowing myself...i'd never get enough time to write an individual post for each... it's just not happening...so i figured i'll just say a few words about each...and write it off.


~ Homeless does NOT mean non-fashionable, carless, jobless, or alcoholic.
It's amazing how insensitive we can become to those less fortunate. I hear people all the time talking about they don't want to give to the poor because they got on a designer watch or their have on some jordans... dude WTF? What's to say that they didn't just become homeless and had fine things before. Do you think that they were homeless all their life? Could there be ANY way that they just may have had some pitfalls and didn't have any family to turn to? Do you know that many of YOU are actually about 2 paychecks and 2 relatives away from being homeless yourself? Does that mean that all your good clothes and watches and etc are somehow supposed to dissapear?? A decent house goes for anywhere from $90,000 to half a million around here. How is that comparable to a few hundred for some shoes or a watch???
YES...there are a lot of scheming, gaming, decietful people out there on the street. I know that for a fact cuz my uncle is one. You've prolly seen his crazy behind downtown pretending to be blind. But the fact of the matter is... don't let the bad deter you from helping out the poor. How many of you had a nasty/bad/gross sammich from somewhere like McDonalds...or Wendy's? *raise yo hand... you know you have* Aight...so how many of you completely stop going to McDonalds or Wendy's because of that bad burger experience? Not many...if any. You just figured that it was a bad day..or a bad branch...but you didn't completely stop going. You gotta be the same way with everything...religion... helping the poor... etc . Just because you see some foul stuff a few times or whatnot...don't stop doing what you know you should do know. Give. Be a blessing.

Leveticus 25:35 " 'If one of your countrymen becomes poor and is unable to support himself among you, help him as you would an alien or a temporary resident, so he can continue to live among you.

Deuteronomy 15:7If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother.

Deuteronomy 15:11There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

Proverbs 19:17He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD , and he will reward him for what he has done.

******************************************************************************

If you tell someone you're interested in them... actually BE interested. The worst feeling I've had is the realization that I have been decieived. I hate deception. I'd rather you tell me I'm the ugliest, fattest, stankest female you've ever met than to tell me that you care about me/like me/are interested in me...and you aren't. I honestly believe that people like that should be flogged. Like...erryday. It's a major letdown to think so highly of someone...and then find out that it was all pretty much an act. You can only hide your true colors for so long.

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them....the first time." -Maya Angelou

******************************************************************************

If i see ONE MORE GIRL/LADY/WOMAN WEARING A PONCHO...i'm gonna scream!!!

******************************************************************************

Men haven't changed, women have. I don't know if i was reading or watching tv...but someone was talking about how mixed up this dating/sex/marriage thing is these days. And while we all have our opinions about it...he had a VERY good thery concerning why these days, it's so hard to know whether or not your dating/in a relationship with someone. I honestly believe this is why people all of a sudden want to become EXTRA SPECIAL and be the first to announce that they HATE titles and they'd rather just not ever use "labels".... (which is a whole nother rant in itself...and i'll prolly write about that thursday...lol) But anyways... i used to think it was just me that felt that way. I always had a hard time figuring out what the heck was going on between me and a guy. We'd be doing all these "couple" things...yet he never would come out and be like...we're together. Anyways...that got me to thinking about relationships and what not...
he also talked about how back in the day, you had two types of females... the wives (or potential wives) and the harlots/prostitutes. You would get you a nice PYT to marry and then you all would have a "respectable" relationship and when you wanted to do some kinky, wild stuff...you'd go down to the Saloon...and tussle with some harlot. Then he said that nowadays, men are confused because women have changed so much. They play with the ones their supposed to marry....and marry the ones they are supposed to play with. lol. I find this to be kinda true. But why? Why are guys so confused now? I figured cuz now...we (women) have become so available...and so "unrestrained/uncensored"...that we all seem the same. There is no line. There is no this side vs. that. We're all good and bad. So the men just pick and choose over us all. It's weird. I'm not saying we should go back to being blind and having this boring relationship with our husbands while he goes and screws around with the local girl...but we should look at maybe finding a way to change their mentality too about having more than one girl...

*********************************************************************************

The end of time is so near that it's scary. Actually let me take that back. I don't mean that the world is coming to an end. That's not true. I mean, theRapture could be any day now...and the Tribulation Years I kinda believe we're already starting to have them...that it's not even funny anymore. If you just sit back and watch some of the things that has been happening in the world today, there's no way that a true believer in the Word of God could take these occurences lightly. You know what.... i was gonna go into detail... but i think i'll save this for a post of it's own. It deserves a post of it's own.

Actually...all the rest of my thoughts do to. Maybe i'll just stop here...and continue later. Until then.....peace and abundant blessings.


No comments:

Intentional

Look at me being all intentional and stuff! lol I WILLED myself to remember and write in this blog before the year was out.  So proud that t...